Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build week to delivery?

D

Dassy1308

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

Guess I’m a UK ‘early adopter’ who has placed an order for a T6.1 Ocean and has a (admittedly unconfirmed) build week of Week 13 (ps I have previous with VW and I know their “Week 13” ie end March is not necessarily the same as printed on the calendar on my fridge).

As the first deliveries trickle through I wondered if I could ask the lucky recipients to indicate the timescales involved?

Also I wonder if current global challenges may have impact...

Thanks (from an impatient new Cali owner!)

Hi

Guess I’m a UK ‘early adopter’ who has placed an order for a T6.1 Ocean and has a (admittedly unconfirmed) build week of Week 13 (ps I have previous with VW and I know their “Week 13” ie end March is not necessarily the same as printed on the calendar on my fridge).

As the first deliveries trickle through I wondered if I could ask the lucky recipients to indicate the timescales involved?

Also I wonder if current global challenges may have impact...

Thanks (from an impatient new Cali owner!)
Hi. We ordered early jan and got a build week 8 which was as per diary, w/c 17th feb. Like u, cant wait and might be why i am awake on here at 4am...informed at the start of this week cali being shipped which exactly 2 wks for 'build' our dealer playing safe and tells us this process could be 2 to 3 wks making colllection potentially possible by end of march. He says he will have better idea when it reaches uk. We r hoping of course that its 2 and not 3 weeks fm ship date. Makes the whole process less than 3 months tho. Its too exciting isnt it?

Hi. We ordered early jan and got a build week 8 which was as per diary, w/c 17th feb. Like u, cant wait and might be why i am awake on here at 4am...informed at the start of this week cali being shipped which exactly 2 wks for 'build' our dealer playing safe and tells us this process could be 2 to 3 wks making colllection potentially possible by end of march. He says he will have better idea when it reaches uk. We r hoping of course that its 2 and not 3 weeks fm ship date. Makes the whole process less than 3 months tho. Its too exciting isnt it?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no vehicles were shipped in mid-Feb due to the storms. Your dealer will know this as there was a bulletin issued. Hence there is a backlog. We are still awaiting our T6.1 which was built many, many weeks ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no vehicles were shipped in mid-Feb due to the storms. Your dealer will know this as there was a bulletin issued. Hence there is a backlog. We are still awaiting our T6.1 which was built many, many weeks ago.
Omg....i will get in touch with Breeze. Was only given shipping. Date earlier this week so should have been advised of delay if the case. Thks

Where are they shipped from?

Where are they shipped from?
Shipped from Emden. You can look for likely contenders here:

You need to look for a destination port of Grimsby or Sheerness if I recall correctly. (The Aquarius Ace is currently loading, bound for Sheerness). After that it is then a sad, long and lonely matter of watching traffic web cameras to see if you can spot your California in real time being transported from dock to showroom.

There is a vehicle carrier called "California Highway". You get bonus points if you van gets loaded onto that.

Last edited:
Omg....i will get in touch with Breeze. Was only given shipping. Date earlier this week so should have been advised of delay if the case. Thks
After spending an hour on the phone to VW this week it is clear that neither the dealers, or VW UK, have any influence on when vehicles get loaded. It depends what status your vehicle is. Ours is "30" which means in transit between factory and port (Emden), but it has been "30" for a month now. Because of the storms vehicles have been stored in other locations. You need to ask your dealer to confirm what status number your vehicle is.

Guys bear in mind that with the spread and panic of the Coronavirus a lot of employees are affected, asked to work in shifts to avoid infecting each other. This affects the entire chain of supply that come from several countries. If vw doesn't receive one of the components your Cali can't be delivered.
I understand your impatience due to enthusiasm , but you'd have to manage your expectations...

after checking status with dealer: Tom tells me that our Cali's status is now at '36' which means it's ready to be loaded onto boat. He says its down for 15th March but could before that. Transit will be from Emden to Sheerness as dealer in the south. Helpful to know.

Per VW - Build week 7 (10/2/20), apparently it takes two weeks to build. As at 24/2/20 VW confirmed as build completed on 21/2/20 and on the way to Docks (Emden). This week advised still at Emden and due to resent weather may be sat their a while longer due to the queue!!! I'm not holding my breath but I am driving SWMBO mad moaning about the non arrival!!!!

Per VW - Build week 7 (10/2/20), apparently it takes two weeks to build. As at 24/2/20 VW confirmed as build completed on 21/2/20 and on the way to Docks (Emden). This week advised still at Emden and due to resent weather may be sat their a while longer due to the queue!!! I'm not holding my breath but I am driving SWMBO mad moaning about the non arrival!!!!
that is quite useful to know tho. it indicates we will also have a wait, as a build a week behind you and also at the port. likely ourswill be shipped together (perhaps thats wishful). be nice to know when you have more info/updates, if you could. cheers

Will duly update next week when I have chased up, again...……..

If it makes you feel any better, ours is build week 51 (2019) :(.

Unfortunately not but you have my sympathy.

I’m waiting delivery on a new Ocean, was build week 7, expected end March. I’ve now been told by the dealer VW have advised at least a 4/5 week delay on all California’s due to “technical reasons” but that it could be longer !!! Has anyone else waiting for a new California been advised the same ???

Strange tho, the dealer said it hadn’t even been built yet but when I asked via the VWCV live chat service, they said it was built and waiting to leave the factory !! Who to believe ???

I’m waiting delivery on a new Ocean, was build week 7, expected end March. I’ve now been told by the dealer VW have advised at least a 4/5 week delay on all California’s due to “technical reasons” but that it could be longer !!! Has anyone else waiting for a new California been advised the same ???

Strange tho, the dealer said it hadn’t even been built yet but when I asked via the VWCV live chat service, they said it was built and waiting to leave the factory !! Who to believe ???

Hi that seems odd that you have been told two different things. Our dealer confirmed the build week 8 (saying this would take 2 wks) and a then a fortnight later (start of week 10) had a video message to confirm the vehicle was ready to be shipped. so all on time it seems. couple more chats since with him, in relation to concerns over potential delays and he has assured me that our Cali is at port of Emden, awaiting loading and that it should be shipped by the end of this week (sunday 15/3). It may make a difference, where you are in the country? perhaps shipping to Grimsby has been delayed? ours will be bound for Sheerness. attempting to keep hopes and expectations low till we know more.

Hia my dealer is Marshall’s Reading so should be Sheerness as well - not sure why they are saying ALL California’s are being delayed 4/5 weeks minimum ???

Hia my dealer is Marshall’s Reading so should be Sheerness as well - not sure why they are saying ALL California’s are being delayed 4/5 weeks minimum ???

fyi... i started watching the shipping traffic after reading someones post on here.... noted ship 'Aquarius Ace' went from Emden to Grimsby on Sunday and yesterday spotted the 'Malacca Highway' en route to Sheerness arriving there at midday. full of hope.. contacted Breeze this morning and Tom confirmed that our Cali did indeed land on these shores yesterday... whoopee! taking a chance and booked a day off a week Friday to go collect. 8 sleeps then..... this may mean that yours arrived at Sheerness yesterday as well? worth giving yr dealer another call. good luck[

FYI - Update as of today. "Florence" is at the Port of exit and has been release for shipping. On asking when will shipping be I was advised to contact them again at the end of the week.

I’m not so lucky, although buildweek 7 originally and VW confirming 3 times it was being built and then confirming it was completed, (via live chat) they have now told me it hasn’t even started being built yet and it will be build week 13... Not happy, put a formal complaint in and have asked them why I have been told something completely different 3 times !!??

Florence's latest update. She is aboard the boat and on her way. She should be on dry land later today and then 7-10 days to get to the dealers.

Florence's latest update. She is aboard the boat and on her way. She should be on dry land later today and then 7-10 days to get to the dealers.
Fantastic news on Florence! Enjoy!

Unfortunately I have just found out that our build week 51 (2019) vehicle will be here by mid-April :shocked.

I find it incredible that a week 51 build is taking so long, did you ask for any parts to be gold plated?

I find it incredible that a week 51 build is taking so long, did you ask for any parts to be gold plated?
I won't bore you with all the details. Suffice to say there have been some fairly robust conversations this week.