• Start date
Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I’m wanting to go old school with a pair of either KC daylighters or cibie oscars.
Any good and reliable, long term suppliers names spring to mind?
Could let me know. Cheers. TIA

Might be a bit early to find a 6.1 fit but is this what you had in mind?

Correction since found this

I'm not sure if fitting big light units on new vehicles is now legal due to pedestrian collision injury potential.

Would that not also interfere with Adaptive Cruise Control sensor which is in that region and now standard i think.

Thanks All.
Yep the bull bars do look a bit naff. But
The top grill install of Lazerlights is eye wateringly expensive !

Thanks All.
Yep the bull bars do look a bit naff. But
The top grill install of Lazerlights is eye wateringly expensive !
There are others, Google is your friend. Also check out the T6 Forum.

But what about all the wild moose and 'roos and... children? Think of the drivers safety before others please.

Bullbars also cancel-out the benefits of deliberate, frontal crumple-zones that protect vehicle occupants during collisions.

A possibility with a lightbar type mounted on the lower cross link keeping the lamps from protruding.

I’m wanting to go old school with a pair of either KC daylighters or cibie oscars.
Any good and reliable, long term suppliers names spring to mind?
Could let me know. Cheers. TIA
Reimo sell low level front protection bars.

Are the LED lights on a T6.1 cali that bad that extra lights are needed?
The thread started on the sourcing of add on lights of the traditional big Cibie type more for cosmetic look than light upgrade due to standard light output as I understood it.

Plastic front doesn't make fitting extra lights a simple process. i thought about it but bumper needs to come of to get to a metal area for bracket attachment, hole needed in bumper to feed bracket through then front smooth styling isn't compatible with add on lights.

My conclusion was to go down the Rally Car route and modify a bonnet to have lights built into it.

Terrible for pedestrians - particularly young children - I had hoped they were banned years ago - particularly having had to treat some of the injuries caused by them!
Lol, I spend 95% of my time on the motorway.
mom guessing if I hit a child at 75, it’s not going to matter if I have bull bars or not.
I understand your concerns when I’m driving on A roads, but at 30, I do 30. Same at 40. Not worth my licence. I’ll wrap the front up in bubble wrap. That would solve my dent problem too. I’ll wrap the whole front and sides up in bubble wrap :cheers
But in all seriousness I understand if you can stop at least one child death a year due to advocating against bull bars then yes I understand completely. Also need the lights higher up above the windscreen so I can blind the little buggers and they stay still while I try to run them over ;)
Again, I’m joking. But not joking about needing the light bar/s up higher for a longer wider range.

Are the LED lights on a T6.1 cali that bad that extra lights are needed?
Compared to a 2017 330e M sport they are pretty awful. I thought they’d be really good.
they seem to be dipped down to avoid dazzling any car users. And the full beam is good and lights up exactly above the main beam.

Something like this bonnet lights.jpg

Looks a bit more pedestrian friendly than thisbull bar.jpg

But whichever you went for you would need one of these on the rear just to balance it all nicely.spoiler.jpg

For more ideas there are two long running threads on Pistonheads Forum that may help, they are:

Badly modified cars thread MK3 and One simple thing that makes you think "Knob" vol4

they seem to be dipped down to avoid dazzling any car users. And the full beam is good and lights up exactly above the main beam.
Isn't that the point of the dipped beam, not to dazzle others. If the full beam is already good when do you need the other lights?

Sounds like what you really need are the adaptive LED ones that I have on a mercedes, you leave them on full beam all the time & the computer effectively puts a black patch over any other cars. Difficult to describe exactly how it works but works well. On motorways it adjusts the range of the lights to cut off just behind the car in front however far away that is, and if following a car on normal roads it lights up the road along side the car in front but not the rear of the car.
The only annoying thing is that automatically cuts to dipped beam when you hit a 30mph limit, its a pain in unlit villages at night.

Just for info....

These type of bars do correspond with the European Union guidelines for the pedestrian protection.
images-136.jpeg
I could name many vehicles that i wouldn't want to be hit with, if i had to
choose one that i'd liked to get knocked down with i'd be struggling.

Last edited:
I know we are all entitled to our own likes but have we entered silly season today? Cibies on a T6 and a T32 number plate hoping for £6k? I'm off for a lie down.

I know we are all entitled to our own likes but have we entered silly season today? Cibies on a T6 and a T32 number plate hoping for £6k? I'm off for a lie down.
First part depends where you are driving, sometimes i drive through big
forests at night with nothing on the road, long straight roads where there
is only you, so, you can hammer on, but when you see a deer frozen right in your
path, you might have wished for bigger lights to save a bit of time.

6k for a number plate??? it might make someone happy, they could be
even happier if they paid 12k :D