BUMMER!

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I just opened the rear cupboard, and forgot to close it before I slammed the tailgate …

It seems nothing happens, but there is some kind of stopper in the upper hinge. And it just looks bend, or loose. Can someone tell me how it is supposed to work? Or maybe ship a picture of it?

It looks like I can remove a stainless metalpart that is held by two screws over the hinge, that should funktion as a stopper i suppose … but not now. My thought is, it should stop the door from open as much as possible, because it then would be totally damaged when doing what I just did.

Am I totally wrong here?

No good! Show us a picture of the damaged hinge.
Think they are the same on the glas from the coocker , aren't they for sale in the club shop?

No good! Show us a picture of the damaged hinge.
Think they are the same on the glas from the coocker , aren't they for sale in the club shop?

Yep thanks! I will, when I get the car back. Its at the garage – they are about to fix a long list of disorders - most of them, made by themselves. Its another long long sad and frustrating story that I am going to write about. A nightmare. For now I hope they nail it for once, so that we finally can move along.

Here you can actually see (well quite blurry) the metal-plate covering the top hinge:

Skærmbillede 2016-10-31 19.50.53.png

Yep thanks! I will, when I get the car back. Its at the garage – they are about to fix a long list of disorders - most of them, made by themselves. Its another long long sad and frustrating story that I am going to write about. A nightmare. For now I hope they nail it for once, so that we finally can move along.

Here you can actually see (well quite blurry) the metal-plate covering the top hinge:

View attachment 17436
Is it Hinge 61 in the enclosed drawing?

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...bcategory/68000/part_id/3707519/lang/e#sec_60

61 must be the screw. But its 60 in the drawing. But the hinge is unharmed. It is the metalpart that covers the hinge (its not on the drawing). As you hardly can see on my pict. Maybe its a improvement on the T6?

I assume its purpose is to stop the door from opening over 90*, to protect the door form being crushed if you close the tailgate with the door open.

61 must be the screw. But its 60 in the drawing. But the hinge is unharmed. It is the metalpart that covers the hinge (its not on the drawing). As you hardly can see on my pict. Maybe its a improvement on the T6?

I assume its purpose is to stop the door from opening over 90*, to protect the door form being crushed if you close the tailgate with the door open.
Yes you're correct Nos 60. This was taken from the 2016 model. Same as on the 2014.

Yes you're correct Nos 60. This was taken from the 2016 model. Same as on the 2014.

I saw it. Strange the metalplate is not a part? Does any have the metalplate on their cali?

My 2012 Cali has one on the top hinge to prevent the door fully opening, it can be gently lifted to allow the door to fully open.

My 2012 Cali has one on the top hinge to prevent the door fully opening, it can be gently lifted to allow the door to fully open.

Exactly, thats the one. I guess mine is bend in some way, its no longer attached to the hinge. And its hard to tell how it was supposed to fit/grab the hinge? Or if its broken …

Back