Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bumper original base colour prior to colour code

Gelertthedog

Gelertthedog

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,
Would anyone know what the factory base colour is prior to any priming or colour coding? I have small area on the front bumper where the paint has flaked away. Photos attached. BUMPER.pngBUMPER2.png
Has the original bumper been correctly primed?
Thanks

Photo's are too small to see what you mean.

And what do you mean by the base colour? An unsprayed plastic bumper is about very dark grey/black.
Did you buy the vehicle new, or is it a second hand? Maybe the former owner had it resprayed for some reason, and the bodyshop didn't do a good job?

If you bought it new and never had a respray, it could be some damage when delivered to dealer, or before going to the dealer?

hi there, thanks for your rapid reply! Hopefully photos of a size that be seen? Van was purchased 2nd hand from a main dealer 4 weeks ago. From your reply i tend think its a poor body shop job? If so i will take it up with them for a full bumper respray.
download.pngdownload (1).png

To be honest your pictures are still too small to see any paint loss. I would be interested to know the outcome are you sure it is not just very minor car park damage.

To be honest your pictures are still too small to see any paint loss. I would be interested to know the outcome are you sure it is not just very minor car park damage.
download (1).pngdownload.png
Thank you for your reply, hopefully these photo large enough? Definitely not car park damage. I will keep you posted with dealer response.

It looks like a bad paintjob where the bumper wasn't sandpapered enough in that area. Or at least the paint didn't attach too well.
This car seems to have had a new bumper.
Might just be due to some minor damage, or in the worst case, a major damage.

Back