Bumper replacement (sportline upgrade) costs and recommendations wanted

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have been pondering a sportline upgrade to my T5 facelift.

Anyone have any experience of the costs involved for a painted front sportline setup? Had a search through the forum but maybe I'm using the wrong terms.

Also wondering the same got a rear replacement, noticed a little crease in the corner, guessing someone has reversed into me :(

Natural grey is metallic so can be a pain to match I guess?

Matt i had a non genuine one on my last cali i now have a genuine one on my beach the problem with the aftermarket ones is the fog lamp surrounds are fixed causing issues with getting the towing eye in.
i would say around £200 to paint plus the cost of the spoiler

i would say not at that price my non genuine one was a great fit though it just didnt have removable fog light surrounds

I probably need a rear one now too, makes me sad my van is slowly getting little scratches and dings. Wonder if there are any nice rear bumpers out there too.

It would be easier and cheaper to fix your rear bumper whilst having the sportline spoiler done, I wouldn't be buying a new one unless it was knackered.

The rear one is a very slight crease but its irritating me, the front would be purely for cosmetic improvement,

I wasnt sure how easy it was to fix plastic bumpers.

Its a 5.1 facelift, 2015 but wow amazing convert to a T6 available already, shows how little VW change between models? :eek:

If you get it fitted I recommend a couple of self tappers to hold the covers in place