Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Burgundy or Dordogne?

M

Mrs Acer

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We are looking for quiet villages and walking in August in either the Dordogne or Burgundy. Can anyone recommend any places or areas and those to avoid for crowds.

Camping Le Capeyrou in the Dordogne. Probably my favourite campsite, also watching the Balloons in the morning and evening and with the Château in the background.

Get a Canoe from the campsite and paddle the 10k back, great holidays

Thank you both for your suggestions. I've decided to go for and just booked Camping le Capeyrou for a couple of nights. It will coincide with our daughter's birthday. It will be a treat between our Aires stops!
Did you book the canoe in advance?
Also, do you know if vans are being checked/searched for food when entering France?

Thank you both for your suggestions. I've decided to go for and just booked Camping le Capeyrou for a couple of nights. It will coincide with our daughter's birthday. It will be a treat between our Aires stops!
Also, do you know if vans are being checked/searched for food when entering France?
The Le Capeyrou pool. Fantastic.

We got the Canoe from under the bridge near the rear gate of the campsite. You choose how far you want to go. We did 10km, stopped a couple of times on the way back for ice cream and drinks. We loved it. (Only booked the day before)

I’d recommended Oradour-Sur-Glane on the way down or back for a moment of reflection.

2C075708-1647-4B07-A676-12944894DBD5.jpeg

75663540-BB57-4CE3-B550-A4566A5902D4.jpeg

A83550DF-B97F-46DA-A5E4-EF4A9A55F1FE.jpeg

We were very concerned about this when we went in Feb. Before leaving, I removed all fruit, veg, dairy and anything with milk as an ingredient. About 1/3 was left. Of course at the tunnel nobody looked at all. We were waved to the side to swab the steering wheel for explosives, as happens half the time. Often they want you to confirm the gas bottle is off. They had ample opportunity to look in the fridge but clearly didn’t care.

I suppose people say don’t take anything you don’t want to have consficated. Next time I won’t take dairy or perhaps veg and just grab that when we arrive.