Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying Advice 2015Se 140

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

After months of looking and a couple of false starts I am hoping I have found a van, just in time for lockdown 2 and winter! It is a 2015 Se 140 manual with 67k miles. Does anyone have a check list that I can run through with the current owner, also a few Points I'd like to check if anyone knows the answers:

- The guy says that it has not had the roof repair work, but that this recall was open ended. He's hasn't said if it has any issues, but just want to check if there is indeed a cut off for this work should an issue develop or on inspection it has signs of corrosion.
- With it being the 140, it won't suffer from the oil consumption issue as far as I understand, but is there anything else that needs checking mechanically beyond the norm?
- The van looks to have been serviced at 7k (2016), 28k (2017), 47k (Jan 2019), and 54k (November 2019 oil and belts) - is this line with the manufacturer guidelines? Is the California 1 or 2 year intervals?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

- He is correct regarding the roof work. In fact sometimes the repair causes more issues than leaving the roof untouched.
- 140 won't suffer from the oil consumption issues found on some of the 180's.
- Every 2 years or 20,000 miles (whichever comes 1st). Waterpump should have been changed at same time as Cambelt (check the invoice )

Hi all,

After months of looking and a couple of false starts I am hoping I have found a van, just in time for lockdown 2 and winter! It is a 2015 Se 140 manual with 67k miles. Does anyone have a check list that I can run through with the current owner, also a few Points I'd like to check if anyone knows the answers:

- The guy says that it has not had the roof repair work, but that this recall was open ended. He's hasn't said if it has any issues, but just want to check if there is indeed a cut off for this work should an issue develop or on inspection it has signs of corrosion.
- With it being the 140, it won't suffer from the oil consumption issue as far as I understand, but is there anything else that needs checking mechanically beyond the norm?
- The van looks to have been serviced at 7k (2016), 28k (2017), 47k (Jan 2019), and 54k (November 2019 oil and belts) - is this line with the manufacturer guidelines? Is the California 1 or 2 year intervals?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
There are 2 points regarding the roof.
1. Front Panel above windscreen corrosion. There is a 6 year time limit on this. Yours should be clear as VW changed the alloy used for MY 2014 so I understand.
2. Elevating Roof Recall. All vehicles from 2010. Seal removed from elevating roof. Any corrosion fixed by Dealership if minor, Bodyshop if major and clear tape applied and seal replaced.

You may also be lucky with the roof, there are a couple of us on here with late 2014 / early 2015 with no signs of roof corrosion yet.

Thanks I found a guide here:

Frustratingly, the van was a dud. Although (currently) good value for a 2015 van at 35k, it needed a lot of TLC and had been well used in its 64k miles. I was happy to deal with some wear but it had scuffs all over the body, needed rear brakes and internally probably a military grade valet.

Either way, to me 35k is a shed load of money for a five year old van and was hoping it had been cared for a lot better. The owner was really nice though so think he just loved his van, warts and all.

Back to the drawing board and still on the look out for a sensibly priced late SE 140...

Back