Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying California Coast, Ocean or Kepler Five?

B

BoCamper

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all, I'm new! I hope you can help me out with my big question. I've done tons of research but still can't decide which model would suit me and my family best. Several years ago we had a big camper and loved it. Now our children are 6 and 9 and we're ready to get back on the road with a VW camper. I love the set up of the Kepler five but we had a horrible night in the Kepler one that we've rented for a day. The bed in the car was to short for an adult to sleep in. The bed in the Kepler five is much better but I havent seen the model in real life and because the bed in the Kepler one was big enough according to the info, I'm a bit cautious... That said, the idea of a fixed toilet and separate kitchen area is something I really like. But what attracts me in the other 2 is the space for putting stuff underneath the seats etc. I can't find any reviews comparing the California with the Kepler five. Anyone any remarks? Many thanks!!

The only person who can really answer this is yourselves. There're ways around all these problems...
For us, the Coast (will be) perfect. Plenty of storage for a portapotti...

Agree with Sad. It is a big decision so maybe spend time travelling to look at various models. The Kepler is on the LWB so that may make a difference. In the end get what suits you best rather than our thoughts as to which to chose. Personally I think all are good.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Yes, you're right. My question more specifically would be, does anyone have any experience with the bed of the Kepler five? Doest it fit an adult and is it comfy? When the garage opens up again I will take a look myself.
And second question, how does the Westfalia interior compare to the standard VW interior in practice? Westfalia stand the time better etc? Many thanks!

Having looked at the Kepler 5 website, I don’t understand the positioning of the toilet. It looks to be just a normal portapoti behind the seat in travel mode & looks to be under the bed in sleep mode?

yes, there is a fixed space where you can put it but it is a portable version indeed.

My thoughts would be that if going to a LWB then I'd be more inclined to look at the bigger van conversions by companies such as Hymer or the Grand California.

A comfortable bed is essential for me, had enough of jigsaw types in caravans in previous years. Proper private toilet area would also be preferred.

This is if not a standard Cali.

Back