Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buzzing sound?

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Everyone
i cant tell you how useful this forum is and i have searched before i ask this question and couldn’t find it.
I have written previously that our MY20 Coast (which we have named Rossili) is our first new and high tech vehicle - and i have probably only just scraped the surface of the basics so far! (And loving it and the fact i listen to the archers on bbc sounds whenever i like)

Todays question is....after locking the vehicle (deadbolt sounds and red light flashes on indicator in door and it is locked and everything is off in the van)....there is an intermittent buzzing noise. It definitely doesnt do it when open and when i was inside the van (making some measurements for mosquito nets I am attempting to make) there is no buzzing.

Is this some sort of proximity alarm detection? Or the key in my pocket being detected. I obviously cant tell if it does it when i am not there!

Again sorry for mostly stupid questions but i intend to keep this vehicle for many years of fun and am still slightly nervous of anything going wrong. I really would like to do a self maintenance basics course to be honest so i am little bit more confident!

Many thanks
Yv

Hi Everyone
i cant tell you how useful this forum is and i have searched before i ask this question and couldn’t find it.
I have written previously that our MY20 Coast (which we have named Rossili) is our first new and high tech vehicle - and i have probably only just scraped the surface of the basics so far! (And loving it and the fact i listen to the archers on bbc sounds whenever i like)

Todays question is....after locking the vehicle (deadbolt sounds and red light flashes on indicator in door and it is locked and everything is off in the van)....there is an intermittent buzzing noise. It definitely doesnt do it when open and when i was inside the van (making some measurements for mosquito nets I am attempting to make) there is no buzzing.

Is this some sort of proximity alarm detection? Or the key in my pocket being detected. I obviously cant tell if it does it when i am not there!

Again sorry for mostly stupid questions but i intend to keep this vehicle for many years of fun and am still slightly nervous of anything going wrong. I really would like to do a self maintenance basics course to be honest so i am little bit more confident!

Many thanks
Yv
@Explorer , someone with a 6.1 will be on to advise more, but something that may help us to troubleshoot/advise.
1. Does it happen when/if you leave your keys inside the house and you are near the van?
2. Does it sound when/if you go back to the van after, say 15 mins to an hour? with the key/without the key.

Can't think of anything in the Cali that can/would make a buzzing noise.

Back