Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BUZZWING2. What do you think?

debarros

debarros

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Am thinking of buying a Buzzwing2 bike rack. Anyone with experience of this? Would welcome your advice.

Does it hold well to the towbar? Enough clearance for the door? Ease of fitting...
Thanks

Am thinking of buying a Buzzwing2 bike rack. Anyone with experience of this? Would welcome your advice.

Does it hold well to the towbar? Enough clearance for the door? Ease of fitting...
Thanks

As far as I am aware.... Only the Atera Strada and Thule EuroClassic G6, have sufficient clearance to allow the tailgate to open. Haven't heard of the Buzzwing2 being mentioned on the forum before. So, be careful before you buy, as it may be a bad-call unless you can test it first, or easily return it if, it doesn't work out.

Thanks
Looking at the photos on their site it barely clears the tailgate of the estate/SUV vehicle they use. I don't think it would allow the California tailgate to clear. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I would check with them or try before you buy.:thumb

I've been messaging the uk importers (roof box company) of the Buzzwing today as I'm in the market for a towbar mounted bike rack for 4 mountain bikes. They told me it won't clear the door on a t5 or t6. They recommended the Strada DL over the Strava Evo as it'll give a touch more clearance. However neither is suitable for modern mountain bikes. My bike is 24mm wide at rear axle and 20mm at the front. The rails on the DL are 18mm apart, Evo 19mm and Buzzwing 20mm. So all will cause the bike to rub when mounted.
I think Pendle do a rack with 25mm spacing, but no chance of clearing the door...decisions, decisions.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I've been messaging the uk importers (roof box company) of the Buzzwing today as I'm in the market for a towbar mounted bike rack for 4 mountain bikes. They told me it won't clear the door on a t5 or t6. They recommended the Strada DL over the Strava Evo as it'll give a touch more clearance. However neither is suitable for modern mountain bikes. My bike is 24mm wide at rear axle and 20mm at the front. The rails on the DL are 18mm apart, Evo 19mm and Buzzwing 20mm. So all will cause the bike to rub when mounted.
I think Pendle do a rack with 25mm spacing, but no chance of clearing the door...decisions, decisions.

If it's for local use, perhaps a 6-bike trailer would be a solution?

As far as I am aware.... Only the Atera Strada and Thule EuroClassic G6, have sufficient clearance to allow the tailgate to open. Haven't heard of the Buzzwing2 being mentioned on the forum before. So, be careful before you buy, as it may be a bad-call unless you can test it first, or easily return it if, it doesn't work out.
I read on the previews that the atera 2 bike does not all for the tailgate to open, only the 3 bike model. I am looking for a 2 bike carrier.

I read on the previews that the atera 2 bike does not all for the tailgate to open, only the 3 bike model. I am looking for a 2 bike carrier.

I have the Thule EuroClassic G6, 2-bike carrier. I only un-boxed it earlier this week, and have so far only tested it unloaded. It does however, tilt forward enough to allow the tailgate to open fully.

I have the Thule EuroClassic G6, 2-bike carrier. I only un-boxed it earlier this week, and have so far only tested it unloaded. It does however, tilt forward enough to allow the tailgate to open fully.
congratulations on the new purchase. Let us know when you try it loaded...

Just noticed this on the BuzzQuattro spec..... Tilting - Genuinely easy to tilt, well balanced during the tilting phase,and tilts far enough for gate access. In the case of some very specific cars, a tilting kit is available as an option to allow a more angled tilt.

congratulations on the new purchase. Let us know when you try it loaded...

Thanks! I'm happy to report back, that there are no issues with the Thule EuroClassic G6, 2-bike carrier. I loaded my Touring bike, which has pretty big pedals, and my 29er MTB, which has pretty wide handlebars.... Both were fine on the inside channel, and clearance for the tailgate to open is still about an inch, at it's closest point.

I paid £219.99 for mine, off eBay, and am happy with the purchase so far.