Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bye Bye Bella Darlling

Teddie and Scooby send their love and best wishes.

IMG_20190709_193553_resized_20190815_093742782.jpg

IMG_20190714_092143_1_resized_20190815_093927282.jpg

Never been a dog person, myself but feel for you and this time @GrannyJen - remain positive think of the good memories.

Sorry to hear this, it’s extremely hard, we lost our Max in April aged 12, since then our old girl Bella aged 14 has not been great but is still hanging in there.

23AA76C6-26A8-4270-B2D0-008C853A2DB8.jpegFEBA7F8C-9743-4D33-B188-3CDA96E9EF3A.jpeg
Bella. Max

Just waiting for the vet to arrive.

Bella is sleeping.

My sister jo is terribly distraught, expected, she had quite a special bond with Bella.

Just want to share some lovely words someone has sent .... old but still lovely.68738611_10220253361105044_2451100241978458112_o.jpg

I think it's hard to explain the bond. Dogs will give unconditional love. I've lost parent's dogs in the past but when I lost my first dog I was distraught.

4 years on he still "rests" in front of the TV.

Goodbye Bella.
d278970cf85548f1e9abf6dc7e7a9d0a.jpg

Biggest Hug to you and your sister at the distressing time x

I am so sorry to hear this. Grief is the price we pay for love. It hurts to lose our friends. We wouldn’t be without Fleur our dog and the three cats. Sending hugs. x

D1660132-E93A-4851-B7C8-B1C5DBDF478D.jpeg

thinking if you this morning, sending love and stay strong for your girl... hugs from our boy DougaIMG_0626.JPG

Dear Everyone

Thank you for so many lovely messages above.

Bella went peacefully. The vet was wonderful. Bella was asleep with the extra tramadol we had given her and the vet managed to examine her without waking her up almost. She was barely awake when the Morphine went in, and sleeping deeply and peacefully when her leg was shaved and the final injection given.

The hole in our hearts she leaves behind is enormous, but we have our Max, taking him on holiday next week and just going to relive all the wonderful memories of our darling girl.

Thank you everyone so much.

Jen, Jo and Max

FM17.jpg

Last edited:
Their love is unconditional that why it hurts so much.
Chris Sue

A very sad time but you have the memories and know you gave her a great life. Bella would have known this. x

Dear Everyone

Bella went peacefully. The vet was wonderful. Bella was asleep when she came (We had given her extra tramadol) and managed to examine her without waking her up almost. She was barely awake when the Morphine went in, and sleeping deeply and peacefully when her leg was shaved and the final injection given.

The hole in our hearts she leaves behind is enormous, but we have our Max, taking him on holiday next week and just going to relive all the wonderful memories of our darling girl.

Jen, Jo and Max

View attachment 48804
Gut wrenching grief is the price we pay for the wonderful love & devotion pups give us over their lifetime. Treasure your memories of Bella, she knew how much she was loved. Sincere condolences.

Sorry for your news Jen, Dogs are natures little gift to we humans.

I am so sorry to read your sad news. My thoughts are with you. Take care xx

Even though we are very new to the forum, our thoughts are with you - and should we meet in passing one day, Rosie Colliedog (the Collie of the ColliePops), will give you a special hug.

Dear Granny Jen - it was the last loving thing you could do for her, but that doesn't stop it hurting. Allow yourself to grieve. I like to share this with my friends when they lose a beloved companion, some say it helps.

The Power of the Dog
Rudyard Kipling - 1865-1936

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie—
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find—it’s your own affair—
But… you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept ’em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Dear Granny Jen - it was the last loving thing you could do for her, but that doesn't stop it hurting. Allow yourself to grieve. I like to share this with my friends when they lose a beloved companion, some say it helps.

The Power of the Dog
Rudyard Kipling - 1865-1936

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie—
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find—it’s your own affair—
But… you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept ’em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Beautiful :)

I love Kipling.

Max is grieving. I am relying on the best prescription for depression which is exercise. His arthritic legs cannot go far and he can no longer run with me so it is short and often.

We had a short walk on the Greensward by the beach where we live, about half an hour ago, the sun bright, the air blue the ozone fresh if a little blustery. He stopped every few steps, raised his nose to the air, sniffing and looking around. For the first time since Thursday his lovely bushy tail was raised. We got back home and for the first time since Thursday he ate something, and had a drink of water.

His eyes are bright tonight. I believe what he was doing on his walk was looking for her, her spirit, and saying goodbye.

It is only right that Bella tore a hole a mile wide in my heart. She has spent the last 13 years filling my heart with her love that would have filled a hole the size of the universe ....

Have you sorted your electric door out yet?

Jen. xx

Even though we are very new to the forum, our thoughts are with you - and should we meet in passing one day, Rosie Colliedog (the Collie of the ColliePops), will give you a special hug.

Thank you ... xx and a big welcome to the forum ... I look forward to meeting Rosie one day :)

Have you sorted your electric door out yet?

Jen. xx

Nothing I can do as it's Sunday. Will call my usual workshop tomorrow and see if they're game to tackle it - don't really want to take it to Breeze VW, they're supposed to be very good but I expect they charge accordingly! :rolleyes:

Dear Everyone

Bella went peacefully. The vet was wonderful. Bella was asleep with the extra tramadol we had given her and the vet managed to examine her without waking her up almost. She was barely awake when the Morphine went in, and sleeping deeply and peacefully when her leg was shaved and the final injection given.

Jen, Jo and Max

View attachment 48804
I am really sorry for your loss

I agree that getting away is a good tonic. We lost one of our pack earlier this year and we packed the van and did the same thing. It was good to see the other 2 (dogs) running off their sad times.

They make our lives great - but not easy!

Hugs from us

I am really sorry for your loss

I agree that getting away is a good tonic. We lost one of our pack earlier this year and we packed the van and did the same thing. It was good to see the other 2 (dogs) running off their sad times.

They make our lives great - but not easy!

Hugs from us

Thank you...

We have just let Max run around Cirencester park, a place he and Bella loved.

Dear Everyone

Jen, Jo and Max

View attachment 48804
Hi Jen. Just seen your message. Bella was clearly a beautiful dog, and very lucky to have had the chance to spend her life in such a caring and loving home. Our heart goes out to you. Px

Hi Jen. Just seen your message. Bella was clearly a beautiful dog, and very lucky to have had the chance to spend her life in such a caring and loving home. Our heart goes out to you. Px

Thank you ... x

Yes, a big hole in our hearts, but an even bigger store of precious, beautiful memories :)