Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CA11 VAN (Cali Van) - Registration

A strategically placed yellow/white number plate screw cover would do the trick :thumb

I'm really not a lover of tweaked number plates but I think this would look quite good on a Beach...

Screenshot_20171026-181148.jpg

Hi Paul, yes all in (inc VAT and reg fee).

I noticed that there were other sellers with VW16 VAN and similar but those were circa £1050 all in.

Some of the sites will sell the same number plate but at different prices I saved £500.00 on the plate I brought .

i could never work out whether buying number plates of the government is a gullibility tax or a credulity tax - is a good ruse however, - netting the Gov over £100m per year.

i could never work out whether buying number plates of the government is a gullibility tax or a credulity tax - is a good ruse however, - netting the Gov over £100m per year.

Yep, you're right in some cases, the plates we're talking here I doubt would appreciate in value.

Some plates do make a good investment though.

The government takes over £10,000 in VAT when you buy your new van, £250 for a fun number plate is mere bagatelle.

The government takes over £10,000 in VAT when you buy your new van, £250 for a fun number plate is mere bagatelle.

i wonder if taking the rock n roll seats out will bring it back to the commercial bracket and then i can claim the VAT back - after all it did come from a commercial vehicle dealership :cool:

I bought TH15 BUG for our Cali. At a £1000 it was a good investment.

However what has surprised me is how well its been received by young and old.

Arghhh...... but its nothing to do with Cali and I had to justify this a few times. This is the downside.

It was a term of endearment we used for our first dog, particularly as he got older . Sadly he passed away a couple of weeks before the Cali arrived but the Cali took his name, so "BUG" is always away with us.

Hi Curtis, that’s funny how the speculatively quote plates. Give them a call and say you want to buy it, prepare for number plate ‘Inception’..

Always worth checking DVLA registration site if you are after a particular number as they release them in dribs and drabs. Keeps the money flowing.

Some dealer advertised numbers are speculative and still owned by the DVLA. then purchased with your deposit.

DVLA price quoted is all inclusive for putting on the first vehicle. £80 to put it on retention (up to 10 years) and no fee to then put on next vehicle. You never actually own the number but can transfer/sell it.

It's illegal to move the spacing, especially now with NPR cameras on Police cars as it causes problems with reading them. Some Police Forces are giving warnings but others are giving fixed penalties on the spot.