Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cab heater issue

S

spitzie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
My Cali's normal cab heater and demister is only only blowing cold air on the driver's side. The passenger and rear get nice warm air. This means the windows are not demisting on these cold mornings. Luckily there is a heated windscreen which helps clear the screen but doesn't get rid of the condensation.
Do any of the more knowledgeable out there know if this is an easily fixed problem, or am I going to be having a trip to VW.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi,
My Cali's normal cab heater and demister is only only blowing cold air on the driver's side. The passenger and rear get nice warm air. This means the windows are not demisting on these cold mornings. Luckily there is a heated windscreen which helps clear the screen but doesn't get rid of the condensation.
Do any of the more knowledgeable out there know if this is an easily fixed problem, or am I going to be having a trip to VW.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Trip to VW I'm afraid to get the Diagnostic Codes read.

Ok, hoped is was just going to be something stuck and needing percussive adjustment

Ok, hoped is was just going to be something stuck and needing percussive adjustment

Normally a flap stuck or flap motor failed.

Just heard from the VW garage. It the heater unit that needs to be replaced.
The replacement unit has to be shipped from Germany and will take 3 days to fit.
Good job I took out the full VW extended warranty.

There is a aircon/heater reset procedure involving simply holding down buttons on engine start.

I did post this some while ago to similar posting on here. If I can find it again then I'll update this message.

I used this when a valve was stuck and was showing error codes in vcds.

Back