Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac gas

flipflopfloss

flipflopfloss

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have a cadac I've used for a while with a campingaz gas cyclinder. Seems silly to take two in my T6 Ocean, does anyone connect the gas in the van two ways, if so where did you do it?

This has been covered many times. Search and you'll find.

The simple fact is, to locate the CADAC in a suitable position relative to the van, you'd need a coil of gas hose approx equal in stored volume to a gas cylinder.

I tried searching but only came up with irrelevant links... could I use a splitter or just change it over? Thanks @sidepod

You could use any arrangement you like. Simply plumb it it and tee off to a connector under the van.

Our gas bottle is connected with a snap connector. I suppose you could do a similar connection and take the bottle out for use with the Cadac.
For our Norway trip we took a 2m length of gas tube with the connector on so that if we ran out of Camping Gaz we could get a local bottle and connect it up.

Cadac now sell a direct adaptor that screws into the bottom of the burner without an adaptor and can be used with the smaller Coleman disposable cylinders. Go outdoors were doing a six cylinder pack cheaper than a refill for a 907 or the smaller 904?

That recently caused me to buy a Safari Chef 2 plus adaptor plus disposables. You can easily carry one cylinder with the Cadac bag plus a couple of spares in the back cupboards. More than enough and no piping.

Just be careful to screw in the adaptor all the way or it can ignite under the burner. Don't ask me how Iknow!

904 cylinder takes up less space as a dedicated Cadac unit plus it acts as a back up for the onboard 907 cylinder.

Our gas bottle is connected with a snap connector. I suppose you could do a similar connection and take the bottle out for use with the Cadac.
For our Norway trip we took a 2m length of gas tube with the connector on so that if we ran out of Camping Gaz we could get a local bottle and connect it up.

Thank you for the photo, I did just this today - it was perfect for what I had in mind... was a struggle getting the nozzle part in the hose, even with hot water!! :)

Back