Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac Safari Chef 2 - Advice

llackford

llackford

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

Well for once i thought i would offer a little advice...:Nailbiting i maybe late to the party on this one but here we go!

On Sunday we purchased a new Cadac Safari Chef 2 LP, while unboxing this i noticed a bit of a poor design.

The gas inlet value is a fixed copper tube in the centre of the unit, which is fine... until you try to fold the legs down, then these won't sit flat and putting this into the handy little carry bag means you have to keep removing the value, now call me odd but thats just like :headbang

So i did a very quick google for a 90 degree bend and stumbled on this little beauty: http://gasproducts.co.uk/cadac-brass-quick-release-hose-nozzle.html?gclid=CM6Smv-htc4CFbcK0wodiwABxw

Now all works lovely :thumb

Nice find "add to basket"

That has been bothering me with mine I just unscrewed it every time.

I purchased a Cadac quick release valve, I find it still stops the legs closing up.fully though :(

I purchased a Cadac quick release valve, I find it still stops the legs closing up.fully though :(

OK So granted they still don't fully close as if noting is their, but it is stil 99.9% Better than it was.

I am going to take a drill to the legs on mine later tonight :eek: and drill a guide hole in all three legs allowing them to fully close..

Im wondering if I have a different valve to you, because its not much different with mine when it comes to closing.

I would be interested to see a pic of it closed up sometime. :)

Im wondering if I have a different valve to you, because its not much different with mine when it comes to closing.

I would be interested to see a pic of it closed up sometime. :)

Will take a pic later tonight and upload :thumb

It does look the same, mine was official cadac purchased from a go outdoors.

It does look the same, mine was official cadac purchased from a go outdoors.

Hi Matt, as per my earlier posts please see some images.

We do have the same quick release inlet, and yes your right while the legs still don't fully retract they are a lot better than using the standard one in the pack. However to overcome this even further i have taken a drill to my legs (ouch)

Images are being uploaded by admin at the moment so will post as soon as i can.

Brilliant. Thanks for the tip. Just bought 2 so I can easily switch between camping gas on the road and patio gas at home. Will make packing away so much easier now I don't have to get the spanner out every time.

Hi Matt, as per my earlier posts please see some images.

We do have the same quick release inlet, and yes your right while the legs still don't fully retract they are a lot better than using the standard one in the pack. However to overcome this even further i have taken a drill to my legs (ouch)

Images are being uploaded by admin at the moment so will post as soon as i can.
I have done the same to my Cadac, but only needed to drill holes in legs 1 and 2, not all three as your photo below shows.
full

Just a heads up. Go Outdoors have a box of six 500g canisters for £20.00 at the moment if you can use your Cadac with a low pressure regulator.

Whoops I think I mean HP regulator. Anyway, if you can use disposable canisters.

We called in Go Outdoors today to buy a Cadac Safari Chef 2, but it turned out to be the “lite” version with less cooking surfaces. Here is the Link

They are selling it for £90 with a free pizza stone, and we have a 10% off voucher so could have got it for £81. However, we didn’t know whether the surfaces missing were must haves or not so we left it for now. Is it worth buying at £81? I think the full one is around £100 on Amazon. I don’t think we’d ever use the pizza stone as we don’t eat pizzas!

We called in Go Outdoors today to buy a Cadac Safari Chef 2, but it turned out to be the “lite” version with less cooking surfaces. Here is the Link

They are selling it for £90 with a free pizza stone, and we have a 10% off voucher so could have got it for £81. However, we didn’t know whether the surfaces missing were must haves or not so we left it for now. Is it worth buying at £81? I think the full one is around £100 on Amazon. I don’t think we’d ever use the pizza stone as we don’t eat pizzas!

I too have been looking on Outdoors at the safari chef 2 and have noticed that they do one for £90 with the free stone and a different one, also for £90 without a pizza stone. The one without the free stone has more cooking plates.

So it maybe worth checking if your branch has stock of both types?

I too have been looking on Outdoors at the safari chef 2 and have noticed that they do one for £90 with the free stone and a different one, also for £90 without a pizza stone. The one without the free stone has more cooking plates.

So it maybe worth checking if your branch has stock of both types?
Thanks, but no, we walked around the (Chester) store twice but could only see the lite version. Same on the website.