Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac Safari Chef 2 regulator and hose

JimP1992

JimP1992

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I'm after a regulator and hose which is compatible with the Cadac Safari Chef 2 and gas cartridges. The Cadac specific regulators and hose are widely unavailable, with delivery estimated for Wednesday next week. Bit last minute, but we're looking to leave for Scotland late Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a compatible regulator and hose (hose has to be 8mm) so I can broaden my search, with hopes of getting it delivered by Monday.

Many thanks in advance!

James & Nikita

Just a thought, have delivered to the camp site office ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what we have @JimP1992 the blue piece on the end of the hose is a quick release that mates with the Cadac.

EBD033BF-F8A6-46FF-9BD6-78527986DBE5.jpeg

E5BB72C5-B5CD-4C8F-88E5-F49482D7F8AF.jpeg

Hi,

I'm after a regulator and hose which is compatible with the Cadac Safari Chef 2 and gas cartridges. The Cadac specific regulators and hose are widely unavailable, with delivery estimated for Wednesday next week. Bit last minute, but we're looking to leave for Scotland late Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a compatible regulator and hose (hose has to be 8mm) so I can broaden my search, with hopes of getting it delivered by Monday.

Many thanks in advance!

James & Nikita
Hi James and Nikita
Have you tried Winfields? https://www.winfieldsoutdoors.co.uk/ They have a store in Leeds and may be able to supply what you need immediately, or to deliver to a convenient location while you're on holiday.

Managed to get one off a friend. Had a great time doing the NC500.

Are all the regulators built to meet the same standards? Specifically do they all include the Excess Flow Valve, or are there some makes / models that I should avoid? Cadac on its way and intend to get a 904 to run it and have as a backup for the Cali

I got a continental regulator for the 904/907 , some pipe, jubilee clips and a cadac quick release (I got it from https://thebbqshop.co.uk/ where I phoned and spoke to someone knowledgeable first, good service).

I also made the mod to the Cali to replace the Cali regulator with a cadac quick release so I can connect anything (the cadac screw top cartridges or the campingaz 904/907) to either the van or the cadac so gives me more flexibility with cartridges and use

--edit : post 30 here onwards

Last edited:
We have bought a cadac safari Chef 2 now need to sort out the gas? What a minefield this is what is the best option please? We are heading to Europe for a 5 week trip in June.