Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac Safari Chef 2!!!!!

S

SlidePods

Guest User
Here at Slidepods we are in the process of setting up our online shop supplying essential accessories for your campervan. We believe there are certain things no campervan should be without, this includes a good quality, compact and above all convenient barbeque. That is why we are happy to announce we have become an official retail partner to Cadac. Over the years we have personally owned several charcoal and gas based BBQ's to live in our campervan but none have been a patch on our Cadac Safari Chef.

We are lucky enough to be one of the very first retailers to be selling the Cadac Safari Chef 2 in the country and are expecting our delivery during the first week in September. Our online shop won’t be up and running by then but we would still like to offer them to California Club members early to get the most out of them whilst it’s still campervan season. Many of the Safari Chefs we are expecting have already been sold but we still have a few available. We are stocking the HP model as it is slightly cheaper than the LP model and it conveniently runs off disposable gas cartridges so no campinggaz bottle to lug around. If your interested drop us an email to info@slidepods.co.uk they are £100 + 4.95 P&P.

untitled.png
The benefits of the New Safari Chef 2 over the old model are.......

- New gas control valve for finer temperature regulation
- New Piezo ignition system for more convenient lighting
- New cooking surfaces with much improved non stick finishes for easy cleaning
- New sure fit lid with stay cool handles
- New leg locking system for improved stability
- New grilling surfaces have built in diffusers ensuring even heat distribution
- New more durable bag design
- Weighs just 4kg that's 20% lighter than the original
- New setup negates the need for a flame tamer reducing cooking and cleaning time

Thinking this is going to be the one for us. Want the option to cook outside and this seems to do it all. Just pondering over the HP or LP. Like the convenience of HP canister but is it any slower and is there any downside in using the 907 onboard Gas cylinder with connecting up. Other option I suppose is to get a 904 for use with the cadac which would give a back up for the 907. Any connection issues. ?

Mike

I was apprehensive of the HP like you - especially as some of those small stoves are rubbish in the wind, but this is the quality HP cylinders like on a "proper" camping stove. I was genuinely surprised that a) the thing gets up to heat really well b) how controllable it is c) how long the gas has lasted so far!

I like the convenience it offers in that you can take it to the beach, or across the site when your mates pitch up further away from you than planned!