Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac safari chef compact 30

P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone have any information on this cadac model. we don't want to use the gas bottle from the van and I see this uses aremovable canister.
Related question, Do the Cadac bbq's make your van smell of smoke, cooking smell??

Thank you

If you use a Cadac in any van with the door closed it is going to make the van smell of what you have been cooking. Same goes for every other bit of cooking equipment. No smell of smoke unless you cremate whatever you are cooking.

The Compact30 is a brilliant bit of kit. It uses 250mg cartridges, consumes at 2mg per minute so you have 2 hours of burn time which it uses very efficiently. A medium rare large chunk of beef in the form of Rib Eye takes about 6 minutes with 4 minutes of grill warming time added on, capacity for 3 250g steaks so 72 steaks per cartridge. Tuna takes a lot less and sea bass even less.

Expensive? Yes. Dioes the job? Brilliantly. A must have for any camper van.

Thanks Grannyjen, sorry actually meant after use outside, does it smell when packed away in the van overnight/next few days?

We have the equivalent Campingaz model, and we haven’t noticed any odours. We (I) clean it after each use however. We use it most times we cook - provided the weather allows.

Thanks Grannyjen, sorry actually meant after use outside, does it smell when packed away in the van overnight/next few days?

not if it's been cleaned:)

Mine is popped back in it's bag after use and never noticed any residual odours.

Does anyone have any information on this cadac model. we don't want to use the gas bottle from the van and I see this uses aremovable canister.
Related question, Do the Cadac bbq's make your van smell of smoke, cooking smell??

Thank you
Hi
We also have this model and have found it to be really easy to use and versatile.
As others have mentioned we clean after each use and haven’t noticed any lingering smells.
We even use as the garden BBQ when there is 2 or 3 of us.
Only just finished our first gas bottle and really surprised how many times we used it before it was done.

Thank you
We use the trio power pack with the cadac and it’s really good, once packed away there is no smell from the unit once it’s cleaned.

But can you use a 907 bottle? I always have a second if I'm taking a BBQ as it goes in the trailer.

But can you use a 907 bottle? I always have a second if I'm taking a BBQ as it goes in the trailer.
Yes you can. You do need to buy a cadac 907 regulator though, obvs.