Cader Idris

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Two night trip to Snowdonia and ascent of Cader Idris via the Minffordd Path.

b746d38817f52a72ad37a3bcc7bcf0ec.jpg

4e04505eb673a50b86e10ae1e8aa3c65.jpg

19ac3885b70fce396fc5eeff0be90b04.jpg

Well Tom, my congratulations to that young man! A brilliant effort at such a young age.

That a great achievement for that young lad congratulations!

800m of ascent, 850m if you include the 50m descent from the false summit.

He swam in the lake on the way down, and while I collapsed in the upper bed on our return he ran around the campsite terrorising the chickens!

I have found myself a hillwalking partner.

01b566b1864b9304027ed00840ccee52.jpg

Last edited:
Great work. Can't wait to try and get my lads up there.

How old are they?

There was a four year old girl who made it to the top, but I know it would be a real struggle to get Jack, who is five, to the top.

I took my 4 year old up the Long Mynd a couple of weeks ago. He needed a shoulder ride on the way down.
Wow, was I knackered when I got back to the van...

I thought I did well doing at age 16. We did have 45lb Bergens and there was a hailstorm and we didn't use a path - having said all that, well done young man. Never too young to fall in love with the mountains.

Well Done Ben, I was 10 the first time I went up there. I can still remember the awful rain.

Well Done Ben, I was 10 the first time I went up there. I can still remember the awful rain.

We hope to go away once a month. Pen y Fan and Pen-y-ghent are next on our list, and if those are successful we will try Helvellyn via the Striding Edge/Swirral Edge horseshoe.