Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caen to Santander 3weeks in September Suggestions Please

X

xkirkba

We have 3 weeks to travel down from Gold beach to Santander and would value your suggestions for route, places to visit and sites. I will post a report. Thank you.

Mont St Michel, La Rochelle, Isle de Re, Rochefort (French naval rope factory), Bordeaux, nip inland to the Dordogne, (Rocamadour, Padirac villages), back to the coast to Arcachon down to Bayonne/Biarritz, San Sebastian, Bilbao (Gugenheim museum).
Or, you could head into the Pyrenees or Picos mountains if that's your thing. Pretty much anywhere down there is great.

Once in Santander I recomend you to visit Comillas. It is one of the nicest villages in northern Spain and the camping is amazing.
I can also recomend a restaurant for eating fish in Santander. It is called La Posada del Mar. Try their rodaballo.
Enjoy your trip.

Interesting reading. We have 2 weeks September aiming to get to north Spain & Portugal.
We could get the Santander ferry from Plymouth but may take a shorter crossing to France . Concerned about our dogs on the long ferry crossing to Santander.

We've just done a 3 week from Santander and visited the Picos, Pyrenees, Dordogne and Fontainebleau. Definitely recommend Potes in the Picos. This area has a reputation for rain but Potes is in a rain shadow and was dry and sunny when other areas were overcast and raining.