Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calais

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am thinking of Euro tunnel in next couple of weeks, has anyone been through Calais recently and were there any migrant issues.

Hi we went through last weekend. It was fine. There are some people on the outskirts and queues are long but nothing untoward happened.
We did boat on the way out and tunnel back (for a day trip lunch)
All the best

Daughter came back last weekend late Friday evening. No problems other than what she thought was a lot of gunfire which turned out to be fireworks for Bastille Day.:)

Came back last week. There are a few migrants hanging around the roundabout just before the port and the matrix signs warned 'pedestrians in the road' (in English). French military were undertaking security checks at passport control. All vans were being thoroughly checked. But minimal delays and it didn't feel particularly threatening which it has in the past.

Came back last week. There are a few migrants hanging around the roundabout just before the port and the matrix signs warned 'pedestrians in the road' (in English). French military were undertaking security checks at passport control. All vans were being thoroughly checked. But minimal delays and it didn't feel particularly threatening which it has in the past.
Ok, thanks

Btw by 'vans' I mean solid sided panel vans. We got a brief glance through the side window.

Not sure if others have mentioned before, new campsite in Calais "Camping Le Grand Gravelot, 275 rue d'Asfeld". www.legrandgravelot.fr. Stayed 19.07.17. 15 min walk to town centre/ 10 minute drive to port. There is a choice of a motorhome area outside secure area, euro 10 per night, discharge facilities adjacent plus euro 2, or about euro 21 per night within secure area with full facilities. Clean brand new site with 118 pitches. Odd low seatless loos kind of halfway between the eastern & western style! I think the site is municipal, presumably built with money tipped in to try and clean up Calais after Sangatte camp cleared. Secure campsite not recommended for an early start or late arrival because it is closed between 10pm and 7am but motorhome parking area provides auto payment machine (with a bank card only) and I don't think any issue with arrival or depart time. We felt the Calais migrant presence was minimal and controlled, unlike last year when we travelled through.

I am thinking of Euro tunnel in next couple of weeks, has anyone been through Calais recently and were there any migrant issues.
We went though Calais on June 19th and back on July 17th and no problems at all, although checking in at Calais took longer - French border control, UK border control and some vehicles checked for 'passengers'