Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali 6.1 has developed some issues...

D

dwilk

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My Cali Ocean 6.1 has been developing some issues. I am a bit annoyed as I swapped perfectly good T6 that never had any issue.
List of issues:
  • a drooping roof that seems to auto-level itself at random (every ca 5-6 hrs). The roof never really stays level for longer than a couple of minutes and does not seem to fall more than a couple of cms. I would ignore it if not for the recent storm. The canvas was not stretched enough to allow water to just run on the outside allowing some water to go inside
  • intermittent clicking/buzzing noise if the sliding door stays open. It sometimes goes away for the whole evening, but the noise would come back if you close and open the door again. It (the noise) comes from under the bonnet (at least it appears so) and sounds like the balast for the LED headlamps (but these stay off all the time) or some relay
  • camping mode going crazy (attached a video). The flickering fixed itself after a minute or so but all settings were back to the default, including deactivating the fridge.
  • loud sliding door auto-shut function. Sometimes it pulls the door 3 times before they are aligned with the panels. Not happens all the time though. It also makes a loud "clacking" noise as if it was locking and unlocking the door twice every time. I tried to record it this morning but Cali decided to behave flawlessly ;)
  • the overhead "Cali" touch panel restarts from time to time. Mostly when you leave it on the function that requires the ignition turned on, ie Level Check. It would show a "busy" icon and then restart. I have had the software update already.

And one more, not a bug but I don't understand the logic behind it: removing the alarm mode button from the B pillar. Jeez, it is so frustrating to reach the "lock" button on the driver's door every time. I used to have a key danging in the rooftop net so I can lock the car from the bed... Why not add a button on the cabinets or around the reading lights button on the roof etc...

And one more, not a bug but I don't understand the logic behind it: removing the alarm mode button from the B pillar. Jeez, it is so frustrating to reach the "lock" button on the driver's door every time. I used to have a key danging in the rooftop net so I can lock the car from the bed... Why not add a button on the cabinets or around the reading lights button on the roof etc...
Just press lock on the fob twice in quick succession has the same effect.

@dwilk - what set off the alarm? opening a door or movement in the van ?

Ive just pasted below what I wrote on the thread about this that was running in March.

Right just been out & set off the alarm a couple of times for the good of this forum.

Double press of key does leave alarm sensor off and doors able to be opened from the inside.

single press of key leaves deadlocks on & alarm set

pressing B pillar button followed by a single press on the key gives exactly the same as a double press on the key.

B pillar press only works for that operation of locking, it needs pressing again to work again.
This is a major step back from the T5.1 where you could press & leave the B pillar button set & the van would deadlock but leave the internal sensors off.

looking at the positioning of the sensors, I don't think any movement in the pop up roof space would set the alarm off.

Hi,

@dwilk - what set off the alarm? opening a door or movement in the van ?

Ive just pasted below what I wrote on the thread about this that was running in March.

Right just been out & set off the alarm a couple of times for the good of this forum.

Double press of key does leave alarm sensor off and doors able to be opened from the inside.

single press of key leaves deadlocks on & alarm set

pressing B pillar button followed by a single press on the key gives exactly the same as a double press on the key.

B pillar press only works for that operation of locking, it needs pressing again to work again.
This is a major step back from the T5.1 where you could press & leave the B pillar button set & the van would deadlock but leave the internal sensors off.

looking at the positioning of the sensors, I don't think any movement in the pop up roof space would set the alarm off.
I think my T6.1 was updated for MY21 but I just tried and, voila, it worked as you described. No idea why it did not disable the interior sensors when I tried it for the first time...

Hi,

I think my T6.1 was updated for MY21 but I just tried and, voila, it worked as you described. No idea why it did not disable the interior sensors when I tried it for the first time...

If you can work out how deadlock it with sensors off I would appreciate it!
Needed when going out for the day but leaving the roof up.

If you can work out how deadlock it with sensors off I would appreciate it!
Needed when going out for the day but leaving the roof up.
I've always just locked mine as normal. 1 key press. Had the roof up on the drive for 72 hrs, locked. No alarm.
Have they changed something on the T6. 1?

Back