Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali 6.1 Tow Bar Electrics

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I am soon to get my Cali 204 ...4 motion and it is coming with a factory fitted detachable tow bar. I intend amongst other things to pull a caravan with the Cali and my question is about the 13 pin connector. I asked my dealer if ALL the pins on the socket are connected as they were not on my last new X5 which meant that the fridge and the anti skid system on the van didn’t work. BMW wired them prior to delivery. Does anyone know what the situation is on a 6.1 Cali the dealer is suggesting all pins are not wired but there is maybe a connector under the back seat that allows it to be made on “some” 6.1s but not all. Otherwise they might have to take the kitchen out to fit a new loom. Anyone any experience of this in a 6.1

I am soon to get my Cali 204 ...4 motion and it is coming with a factory fitted detachable tow bar. I intend amongst other things to pull a caravan with the Cali and my question is about the 13 pin connector. I asked my dealer if ALL the pins on the socket are connected as they were not on my last new X5 which meant that the fridge and the anti skid system on the van didn’t work. BMW wired them prior to delivery. Does anyone know what the situation is on a 6.1 Cali the dealer is suggesting all pins are not wired but there is maybe a connector under the back seat that allows it to be made on “some” 6.1s but not all. Otherwise they might have to take the kitchen out to fit a new loom. Anyone any experience of this in a 6.1
Does your Dealership contact have an IQ, greater than his shoe size?

All pins should be fully wired into the vehicle electrics.

There was one post that mentioned that the 12v +tve connection to charge a caravan leisure battery and/or fridge wasn’t and was left unconnected under the front passenger seat.

Does your Dealership contact have an IQ, greater than his shoe size?

All pins should be fully wired into the vehicle electrics.

There was one post that mentioned that the 12v +tve connection to charge a caravan leisure battery and/or fridge wasn’t and was left unconnected under the front passenger seat.
That’s possibly what the problem is, do you know how easy it was to sort out

Get a cheap tester and you will be able to see if any connection is actually missing & then go from there:

ONEVER Diagnostic Tool 13 Pin Car Trailer Caravan Towing Tow Bar Light Wiring Circuit Tester Plug Socket With ROHS Approved https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MMQ8H7N/?tag=eliteelect-21

Pin 9 / permanent live
Pin 10 / fridge

Get a cheap tester and you will be able to see if any connection is actually missing & then go from there:

ONEVER Diagnostic Tool 13 Pin Car Trailer Caravan Towing Tow Bar Light Wiring Circuit Tester Plug Socket With ROHS Approved https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MMQ8H7N/?tag=eliteelect-21

Pin 9 / permanent live
Pin 10 / fridge

I am expecting the dealer to check it and sort it...I am just after info so I m ahead of the game

I am expecting the dealer to check it and sort it...I am just after info so I m ahead of the game
Some reading. I don’t know if there was a satisfactory outcome.

Some reading. I don’t know if there was a satisfactory outcome.
Thank you for that, the dealer told me today there are connections under the seat on some T6.1...I don’t understand why they say some. I am hoping someone has had a 6.1 delivered recently with a factory fitted tow bar and if possible pulls a caravan so will know if there is an issue.