Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali arrived

P

PAKlite

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Well I picked up my 2016 Cali Ocean 204 DSG a couple of weeks ago, all beautifully prepared and presented. After hand over I headed off home (the long way round) with instructions to take my time exploring the van as there is a lot to take in. The Cali drives beautifully, and very refined for what is essentially a van - a very expensive posh van at that! Plenty of power, and Ok it does rock and roll a bit, maybe I'll think about lowering at some stage for a more planted feel, I'm fine with it for the time being though - at least the potholes are less noticeable!

I went through everything with a fine tooth comb, as is my nature - I have been accused of being somewhat fussy where others might not even notice there is a problem. Found a few small issues, the usual bits of trim that either fall off and go missing or cause grief, and a couple of things that don't actually work as they should. All to be sorted for me, so no problem there, and then I will have a fully functioning hotel on wheels - or maybe not just yet as it turns out......

For my first trip I decided to get to know my Cali a bit better by taking a day trip to Lymington and the New Forest on a sunny day last weekend. Not long down the M27 and up comes a warning light on the dash, great, that's all I need! Pulled into the services to consult the handbook - catalytic converter, drive carefully - unless warning light starts flashing, then time to call VW assist or whatever.

Long story short, I did eventually call VW assistance the next day, initial diagnosis a faulty sensor in the exhaust, further diagnosis pointed to the control unit (for the sensors?) in need of replacement. Cali now with VW sorting this under warranty. Frustrating but good to get this out the way now and not when half way through a long trip to the back of beyond.

2DdjYfy.jpg

Last edited: