Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Campers recommended

apatchee

apatchee

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Evening all,

Cali Campers in New Milton on the edge of The New Forest had my T4 California in last week for a auto to manual conversion.

Really pleased with the result, my old auto box was leaking oil and forgetting to change gear when needed.

Now the 2.5 petrol unit is running much cooler and feels more lively and smoother to drive.

James and his team have nearly all mechanical parts available for T4's and recommend them if you need a certain part or service work done.

Evening all,

Cali Campers in New Milton on the edge of The New Forest had my T4 California in last week for a auto to manual conversion.

Really pleased with the result, my old auto box was leaking oil and forgetting to change gear when needed.

Now the 2.5 petrol unit is running much cooler and feels more lively and smoother to drive.

James and his team have nearly all mechanical parts available for T4's and recommend them if you need a certain part or service work done.
Would be worth posting something in the Dealers Review Section on the Forum.

Evening all,

What were the rough costs? I ask as I have a 2.5 petrol auto, I do like the auto box but I expect it would be difficult to source another should it ever go tits up!

What were the rough costs? I ask as I have a 2.5 petrol auto, I do like the auto box but I expect it would be difficult to source another should it ever go tits up!
Hi they do the kits for around £850 that's everything you'll need for the conversion or can supply and fit for £1500.
I know it sounds a lot but have seen threads on the T4 forum with guys spending 3-6k getting there auto box rebuilt!!

Cheers for the response. Price seems very reasonable, much less than I expected!

Hi, sorry to revive this after 4 years! Looking to get our 2000 2.5 TDi converted from auto to manual (the auto box has started juddering and is slowly getting worse so would like to do something before it leaves us in the lurch). It's a trek down to New Milton but worth it if they know what they are doing!

@apatchee - are you still happy with your conversion?

I have been buying t4 bits off James for years, last year I had my t4 converted from auto to manual by him and it has transformed it. I asked for the box from a 102bhp caravelle to match my 102bhp engine as it has the longer gear ratios for continental cruising.
Best bit is if you looked under the bonnet etc you would never know it had ever been an auto, just the black tape covering the auto display on the dashboard. I think thats the beauty of going to James or someone like them as they have every single part you need and it's all genuine parts.
Drive in drive out 2 days later in my case and its 10 mins from me luckily !
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them !

That's great to hear! I'm literally waiting for my train in New Milton having dropped the van off. Looking forward to picking it up next week.

Back