Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Cats - so that we can be PC ( Politically Correct ).

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Having had both dogs and cats over the past years, we were petless for 3 years until we inherited my sons cat , Max, as my son and daughter-in-law have emigrated to Australia.
Max is a 3 yr old Ginger tabby, and lives upto his name - Mad Max.
Favourite trick is to jump out of the kitchen window, 10 foot above the lawn, rush round the house and in through the cat flap and do it all again. He is very affectionate and is definitely in charge at home.
IMG_0115.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0236.JPG

Getting over Jet Lag, following our return from Sydney, NSW, and Max playing copy-cat.

Sorry Paul , not in to cats . But everyone has to have a favorite pet , seems you two are sharing things...;)

We have a 4 month old black kitten called Boysie (we thought he looked like a proper boy - a bit prophetic!) who's threatening to become a rival to your Max - he's completely bonkers, also loves to exit the house from one point and reappear through another almost before he's left! He does upset our old lady Harley because when he's in manic mode he chases her relentlessly but we're hoping the removal of his not-so-little furry appendages will help with that!DSCF0001.JPG

We have a 4 month old black kitten called Boysie (we thought he looked like a proper boy - a bit prophetic!) who's threatening to become a rival to your Max - he's completely bonkers, also loves to exit the house from one point and reappear through another almost before he's left! He does upset our old lady Harley because when he's in manic mode he chases her relentlessly but we're hoping the removal of his not-so-little furry appendages will help with that!View attachment 18844
It didn't with Max.

Well I did think it might be a forlorn hope - hence today's purchase of a water pistol!

We've been owned by a number of cats since we were married, mostly Siamese, also an Oriental (my favourite) and a black moggie who claimed squatter's rights.

I came home one day and found the black moggie in the gutter, stiff as a board, so we buried him at the bottom of the garden. Just as I was patting the soil down, who should come over to see what was going on - our black moggie! Must have been his sibling in the gutter!

We also had a dog, but as we were both working during the day it was unfair on her, so we let our neighbour, who was very fond of her, have her.

Our current cat is 17 now and on her last legs. We won't have any more pets for a while as we want a bit of freedom when she goes. Maybe a Cali dog in a couple of years; we'll use the neighbours cats in the meantime, they are always hanging around, waiting to move in when ours goes! :D

We've been owned by a number of cats since we were married, mostly Siamese, also an Oriental (my favourite) and a black moggie who claimed squatter's rights.

I came home one day and found the black moggie in the gutter, stiff as a board, so we buried him at the bottom of the garden. Just as I was patting the soil down, who should come over to see what was going on - our black moggie! Must have been his sibling in the gutter!

We also had a dog, but as we were both working during the day it was unfair on her, so we let our neighbour, who was very fond of her, have her.

Our current cat is 17 now and on her last legs. We won't have any more pets for a while as we want a bit of freedom when she goes. Maybe a Cali dog in a couple of years; we'll use the neighbours cats in the meantime, they are always hanging around, waiting to move in when ours goes! :D

Borrow a dog....We have since our neighbours bought her 9 years ago....They go on holiday we have her....They go and we take her in the bus and she loves it. With them she is a designer dog handbag model with us she is the dogs dog.We get all the fun and none of the bills. It has been amazing how she adapts and changes between us. Being ferried around in the back of a Jag one day. Walking the Jurassic coast and rolling a cow poo the next.

Having had both dogs and cats over the past years, we were petless for 3 years until we inherited my sons cat , Max, as my son and daughter-in-law have emigrated to Australia.
Max is a 3 yr old Ginger tabby, and lives upto his name - Mad Max.
Favourite trick is to jump out of the kitchen window, 10 foot above the lawn, rush round the house and in through the cat flap and do it all again. He is very affectionate and is definitely in charge at home.
View attachment 18831 View attachment 18832 View attachment 18833 View attachment 18834

Getting over Jet Lag, following our return from Sydney, NSW, and Max playing copy-cat.
Looks like you've redecorated the house so the cat blends in... very pampered :)

How many people I've heard say they won't have any more cats, or none for a while!
I think it was in Paul Gallico's book 'Jennie' he said "When there is a vacancy, a cat will apply" - always been very true in my experience!

Our two long term cooking moggies both died last year leaving us, their staff, to find other employment. We estimate that they both must have been in their twenties. These were the last two in a succession of furry fiends that have either turned up on our doorstep demanding full bed and board or ones our children insisted we adopt. As our children have long since flown the nest we have no plans to restock on the moggie front although we both do rather like a pussy cat with atitude.
image.jpeg

Our two long term cooking moggies both died last year leaving us, their staff, to find other employment. We estimate that they both must have been in their twenties. These were the last two in a succession of furry fiends that have either turned up on our doorstep demanding full bed and board or ones our children insisted we adopt. As our children have long since flown the nest we have no plans to restock on the moggie front although we both do rather like a pussy cat with atitude.
View attachment 18850
Not sure he/she will really fit in the awning - even with the Comfortz adaption so you can join up with Simon and Helen. Maybe time to rethink you're next pet??? ;-)

Not sure he/she will really fit in the awning - even with the Comfortz adaption so you can join up with Simon and Helen. Maybe time to rethink you're next pet??? ;-)
Even though this kitty is utterly magnificent, I have a hunch that he/she would play havoc with the soft furnishings. No, Chez Borris is to remain a pet free zone along with our mobile Cali accommodation.

Even though this kitty is utterly magnificent, I have a hunch that he/she would play havoc with the soft furnishings. No, Chez Borris is to remain a pet free zone along with our mobile Cali accommodation.

I'm not sure if Geraldine would be overly impressed at the intruder in her space either.

Commiserations on your loss. A proper Gent.

Back