Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Kids driving a 1955 tractor

Brings back memories. I think that I was about ten when my legs were long enough to reach the clutch on the left and the brakes on the right. When I was reasonably proficient, I was the driver who moved the tractor and trailer in the field while hay bales or bagged corn was picked up and loaded, meaning that there was no need for one of the regular hands to be continually climbing on , moving and stopping the tractor then dismounting to help with loading. Happy days.
Also a very good introduction to basic driving, I couldn't wait to take my driving test at age 17.
What is Uncle Robin's interest in Fergies?

Brings back memories. I think that I was about ten when my legs were long enough to reach the clutch on the left and the brakes on the right. When I was reasonably proficient, I was the driver who moved the tractor and trailer in the field while hay bales or bagged corn was picked up and loaded, meaning that there was no need for one of the regular hands to be continually climbing on , moving and stopping the tractor then dismounting to help with loading. Happy days.
Also a very good introduction to basic driving, I couldn't wait to take my driving test at age 17.
What is Uncle Robin's interest in Fergies?

Uncle Robin was a farm manager until Lady Fox died and her son sold the farm to the reality TV show star Alan Sugar. The son gave both the tractor and a 1930s Mercedes (which had been sitting unused in a barn for 30 years) to Uncle Robin. He still uses the tractor with a gang mower to cut his relatively small lawn. My cousin, now himself a retired police superintendent, recall how he drove the tractor from Lady Fox’s farm near St Neots to where Uncle Robin now lives to the north of Huntingdon, about 25 miles, at speeds of about 15mph. The Mercedes is beautifully restored, but once again spends most of its life in a barn.