Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Models

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
What are the different California specs. I keep seeing SE mentioned. Is this the top spec?

What are the different California specs. I keep seeing SE mentioned. Is this the top spec?
SE is the T5 Full Camper and Ocean is the T6 equivalent.

SE / Ocean - Full camper, parking heater standard, with powered pop top roof

Coast - Full camper with manual roof (is heater standard too?)

Beach 2 seat - no kitchen, lower full width bed (more headroom), small storage in rear under multiflex. 2 seats when bench seat, full width bed, storage cabinet and fridge cooler. Heater optional. Manual roof.

Beach 3 seat - no kitchen, higher full width bed (less headroom). Manual roof. More storage in rear due to higher multiflex. Heater optional

Last edited:
Beach 3 seat - no kitchen, higher full width bed (less headroom). Manual roof. More storage in rear due to higher multiflex. Heater optional
Actually 3 seat Beach is a Multivan with manually opening roof. Except that Multivan can optionally have sliding door on the left side, Beach can't.

Is the Beach equipped with the Multivan dashboard or the Caravelle one?

Is the Beach equipped with the Multivan dashboard or the Caravelle one?
Either - but the comfort dash costs a small fortune (with Climatronic air conditioning [with a second evaporator] thrown into the package).

I prefer the utility of the uncomfort dash over the form of the comfort version.

@Amarillo , I took comfort version - the climate control panel in the passenger area entertains kids very well ;))) and I pocket above the dash without lid disturbed me. However, the uncomfortable one has much more space, also in glove box

I could not choose. In Belgium a California comfortline T5 always came with the Multivan dash. And I am glad. The T5 Transporter dash is just so ... van like.

Oh, why can't you put a 1,5 liter bottle in the bottle holder under the dash anymore? In the T5 no problem.