Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali offers protection for failed KNEE

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After a 21 day road trip through Europe taking in, Hockenheim DTM & RallyX, Montmelo F1 GP, Marc Marquez Collection at Cervera, WRC, Portugal and covering close on 3000 miles. After final stage at FAFE, within 100 yards of Cali, my right knee goes 'pop' amongst fans wanting to escape the traffic chaos and cops with shooters wanting to keep order. Suddenly I am aware of what ' hobbling' actually means....into van and escape the chaos asap, cruise control + DSG get me into motorway.....RNS510 to a campsite, do I go for a lodge or try to use my left leg to take the strain to get up into Cali bed, success.

This morn a knee support from a Farmicie, then 350 miles of motorway & bloody expensive tolls, to my Portugal home at Alcoutim....home with a glass now overlooking the lovely Rio Guadiana, and can see a Dutch Doc, who is fluent in English to get advise....

Cali has been priceless as always on this trip.

The first paragraph was enough! Good effort.

(Sad news of NH!)

Sounds terribly painful! I do hope you have a full recovery quickly.

Hi Kevin,
I sympathise with you my knees have had a problem since walking around Barcelona last year. Am taking medication. Hope it's well soon, the wine should help ????

I feel your pain,
after having arthroscopy with microfracrures 6 years ago for petellofemeral arthritis, I'm in the postponmental stage of a total knee replacement

I had my second left knee arthroscopy to remove damaged cartlidge just before Christmas, and the DSG has been a real advantage; especially when creeping in slow traffic.
How your knee gets sorted soon. My latest tear was caused by crouching down on a photography course last June (I feel your popping knee...)

Had a full replacement in March. Managed to get upstairs quite easily in Cali after six weeks. France in July. Then second replacement in late Autumn so that I don't miss too much nice weather. Should be firing on all cylinders by next Spring.