Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali ordered just in time... others experience on the 'from order to delivery period? '

jillyfish

jillyfish

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi there
Just read in a post yesterday, that T6 production will be stopping at the end of this month. We got our order in 2 weeks ago via Autoebid/Liverpool VW van centre. Just had a follow up call from the contact at autoebid and she confirmed that VW had stopped taking orders for the T6 at the end of last week. At order point, we were given an estimated delivery time of between 4 and 6 months. I perceive though, from what i have read on the forum, that the delivery time may be considerably shorter than this. I am hoping that it will take at least 4 months and would appreciate knowing other's thoughts and experiences, especially if you have recently been taken delivery or further on in the process. thanks very much all.

We ordered a Beach on 22nd August now have a confirmed build of week 39.

Daz...

Ordered 18th October 2018, collected 19th January 2019
much quicker than expected

thanks Daz. so thats about the same time as ours ordered on 19/8. All i have had is an email this week from dealer giving me an order number (29436300). Do you know then, how long it is from build date to delivery?

Ordered an Ocean on 1st August. Currently have a provisional build date of week 39.

just seen your second post.... OMG that means likely same for us. I have better get my skates on and sort out the finances....were you also told 4-6 months initially?

Apparently you have a provisional build date THEN a confirmed build date. Ours as now gone to confirmed build status.

Was originally advised December \ January.

Daz....

I have just called the dealer and he has confirmed that we have a build date of week 38 which is in a couple of weeks time i think. He says delivery around six weeks later, so it seems that VW are dealing with the last orders and hoping to get them here by the end of October to ensure tariffs not an issue in the event of no deal B. dealer says he will likely be able to hold delivery for a little bit while we get hold of the 'readies' .....

Our T6 Ocean was ordered on 6 August, but we knew throughout that the dealer had a week 37 build slot - NEXT WEEK!!! (We were desperately trying to avoid a 10.6% WTO import tariff if B****t happens - let's not go there please).

We have been told that (typically) they see the vans 2-3 weeks later. Hopefully early October for us :)

We are hoping to take the kids away in October half-term - we will glad of the diesel heater!

We ordered our Ocean on 25th April and was at Dealers on 27th June. So, eight weeks.

Beach ordered 5th August. I've been told that they will commence building it on 16th of this month. Delivery mid to late October.

Searched for about 3 months after more than 25 years, on and off, thinking about it. Did the build thing on VW's website. Decided what we needed and what we didn't. Saved the wait and quite a bit of money by getting a well specced Dealer Demonstrator with 632 miles on the clock, from Liverpool Van Centre. Bought in the late Autumn.

Last edited:
hi there. I can't work the message thing. anyway good luck with the new beach and we must get for a few beers in a field somewhere one day

hi there. I can't work the message thing. anyway good luck with the new beach and we must get for a few beers in a field somewhere one day

OK, no problem, nice to meet you. As per our conversation yesterday, once our Cali arrives and I can see & get definite dimensions then I will be ordering some rails to make a rear sliding storage drawer.

Daz & Deb...

I hope you don't get delays like ours - Built but not being released by VW yet along with many more apparently. No reason given but others have suggested emission checking but I hope not the B word!

OK, no problem, nice to meet you. As per our conversation yesterday, once our Cali arrives and I can see & get definite dimensions then I will be ordering some rails to make a rear sliding storage drawer.

Daz & Deb...
There's a thread on here somewhere where someone's made one

I hope you don't get delays like ours - Built but not being released by VW yet along with many more apparently. No reason given but others have suggested emission checking but I hope not the B word!

Yes, I hope ours is not delayed too much...

Back