Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali ordered pick up on Tuesday.

Tattooz

Tattooz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Been looking at the stock calis that several dealers had and decided to go with the berghaus that was in stock at VW Worcester. I know it's slightly overpriced for the badge and a few extras but I didn't want to wait three months to get one on order ( too impatient for waiting around) and it does look really nice and it's the colour I wanted. It's got a few extras added ( climatronic air con , cruise control, parking sensors & privacy glass). Think I got a reasonable deal on the price rrp just over 50k with the extras and I'm paying 45,800. ( does that sound like an ok deal ? )

Steve

Yes sounds like a good deal to me, I don't think the dealers have much of a margin to play with on the cali's

It sure does......We looked at that one! It was our first proper look at a Cali and we made that clear with the guy who should us around. We were really impressed at the outfit but certainly not the price tag of 50K. We did suggest we were looking to spend around 45K when we were talking about the other Calis they had (43K and 53K). Surprisingly they took no details from us!
Using the "stock Calis" we also saw Berghaus at Coventry, Peterborough and Preston so had a look at Cov a week later plus emailed Peterborough. Both those were under 45K. We ended up buying the Petrborough Cali via Coventry. Pick it up next week!!
I did ask about the price differential and was told some had slightly different spec hence the variations. I did think that odd.
You will probably find that you spend the difference on kitting it out!! ;-)

That sounds like a great deal, well done! Could you do me a favour and look at the total cost, pre-tax, and let us know what percentage discount you got (my experience is that dealers apply the discount to the "factory costs" and do not apply it to the dealer extras, and then they add the vat on the discounted total). Useful competitive intelligence for my negotiations! ;)

Nice one!

Flights permitting, we should be picking ours up on Monday!

Come on then, I can't wait. What's it like?........

Well . . I picked up the Berghaus this morning and have been busy playing all day. :D
The handover went well and Tom the salesman at VW Worcester was great and covered everything that needed covering.
Just sat now skipping through the manuals just to be sure I have all the info I need.
First impressions are . . . I Love it !!! And can't wait to spend a weekend away in it.

Steve

Tattooz said:
Well . . I picked up the Berghaus this morning and have been busy playing all day. :D
The handover went well and Tom the salesman at VW Worcester was great and covered everything that needed covering.
Just sat now skipping through the manuals just to be sure I have all the info I need.
First impressions are . . . I Love it !!! And can't wait to spend a weekend away in it.

Steve

Cranking up the excitement for us!! We do the same tomorrow. When you have calmed down it would be good to see a report on your experience in the "Dealer" section of the forum.
Cheers, Iain

Three new Calis in three days - woo hoo!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new vans!

Can't figure out how to upload pictures using my iPad ( maybe you can't) so I'll upload some tomorrow when I'm at my computer.

Tattooz said:
Can't figure out how to upload pictures using my iPad ( maybe you can't)

If you're using the Tapatalk app, click the "Open Advanced Options" grey bar at the bottom of the page you type your post into, and all will be revealed! It's not obvious, but really useful :)

Steve

PS have just started plugging camera directly into the iPad with the Apple camera connector's USB dongle (rather than its SD card reading one) - really nice, quick way of downloading/deleting photos straight off the camera. Will be great when we're away in the Cali :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326319339.214568.jpg

I wasn't using tap talk but now I have it. So hopefully there will be a photo below.

56177d44-0fa8-72c8.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326321532.356112.jpg

arghh ... that will teach me for not reading the entire thread, I did not realise it was a Berghaus, are the 18" ?

Martin said:
Nice wheels Steve, did you choose them as an option?

They are the 18-inch bi-colour ‘Dakar’ alloy wheels option. They come standard on this modle (Berghaus) I really like them the photo dont show them as they are so here is a VW promo pic of the Berghaus which is exactly the same as mine.
volkswagen-california-19-09-11.jpg

They had one just like yours at the dealer we bought ours from. Very nice!

LickeyEndBlues said:
..... and as of an hour ago, we have one of those sat on our drive. Whoo hoo!!

Nice one!! :mrgreen: PICS!!

Back