Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Owner - Planning for Europe

B

Brasko

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Dear All;

I purchased a Cali Beach DSG Olympic Blue in July 2017; I tend to research dreams or anything really for months/years before I commit.

That being said I came across a brochure for a VW Cali and took me three weeks to find and buy; my family could not believe as over the past two years they were reviewing brochures of every vehicle out there I had brought home. I did research this site 24/7 to make sure the spec and options recommended by all of you would be in the said Cali called Colin.

So a big thank you to all of you and all the shared information on this site.

I have three daughters aged 8,11 and 13 and they absolutely love Colin...my better half loved the concept but inside did have the apprehension of the practicalities of the big wide outdoors as a self confessed indoor online clothes shopper.

That being said we have had two adventures in 2017 and we had fantastic times and wonderful memories made. We did realise how much we have to learn and how true all the advice on the forum is. Being originally from South Africa (Moved to UK 6 Years Ago) and loving the outdoors this is as close to feeling I am always on an adventure. Every time I pass a Cali and the secret wave appears I realise the underground movements of people that refuse to give up a dream and carry on living an adventure. Fair Play to ALL.

So for 2018 we have various UK breaks booked and I am investing a large amount of time planning our first trip abroad ( Idea - Calais, Switzerland, Italy, Marseilles and Back) for 2 to 2.5 weeks in August. I have trolled the forum for tips, advice and tricks of the trade.

We are looking to do an adventure type trip with action activities along the stops; if you have completed a similar trip or looking to do so then please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks again to all.

Hi and welcome on your first post. Haven’t done that route yet and have other plans this year. But next year will be my rough plan. Good luck.

Mike

Hi welcome to the forum good luck planning your trip.

Hi and welcome on your first post. Haven’t done that route yet and have other plans this year. But next year will be my rough plan. Good luck.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I will share the trip and experience for your 2019 plan

Back