Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali parking in Cambridge.

Ocean's 4

Ocean's 4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,
We are about to embark on our first trip and we are taking the kids to the Suffolk coast. En route we would like to go to Cambridge as our boys have never been there.
Would anyone know if there is a car park, perhaps a park and ride where we could park the van which will be laden with bikes so will be bigger than your usual parking space?
Thanks Andy.

Hi all,
We are about to embark on our first trip and we are taking the kids to the Suffolk coast. En route we would like to go to Cambridge as our boys have never been there.
Would anyone know if there is a car park, perhaps a park and ride where we could park the van which will be laden with bikes so will be bigger than your usual parking space?
Thanks Andy.
http://cambridgeparkandride.info/

Unfortunately all the Park & Ride car parks have height limitations of 2.1 m or less. Fine if you don’t have a Tailgate Bike Rack.

Newmarket Road has a height limit of 1.98 m.

http://cambridgeparkandride.info/

Unfortunately all the Park & Ride car parks have height limitations of 2.1 m or less. Fine if you don’t have a Tailgate Bike Rack.

Newmarket Road has a height limit of 1.98 m.

Oh dear, guess which bike rack I have.......
Thanks for looking, I should try to be more resourceful

The Trumpington Park and Ride has an entrance you can sneak round to without a height restriction. It's actually signposted for higher vehicles! They put up the bars to stop the travellers taking over, then put up signs to get round it! Needless to say, there have been quite a few travellers on site at this car park over the years .... not sure how it is at the moment as I haven't been there for a few months.

The Trumpington Park and Ride has an entrance you can sneak round to without a height restriction. It's actually signposted for higher vehicles! They put up the bars to stop the travellers taking over, then put up signs to get round it! Needless to say, there have been quite a few travellers on site at this car park over the years .... not sure how it is at the moment as I haven't been there for a few months.

Still signposted for overheight vehicles last time I looked. I can probably double check later in the week if that’s helpful.

Thanks folks, at least we have a couple of options to look at now, thanks for the advice.

Still signposted for overheight vehicles last time I looked. I can probably double check later in the week if that’s helpful.
Thanks for the offer, we are heading out tomorrow, I'm sure that it will be fine.

Thanks for the offer, we are heading out tomorrow, I'm sure that it will be fine.

There are also some pay and display spaces that would be fine for a Cali- they aren’t marked bays. You can try Queen’s Road (aka the backs), Chesterton Road opposite Jesus Green, and Jesus Lane. All in town, and the charges aren’t the cheapest, but very close to the centre.

Parkopedia is a great resource for Cali parking. I recomend it