Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali sliding door grinding noise

J

jmcneil

Guest User
The sliding door on MY19 Cali Ocean is making a grinding noise when the handle is pulled to open the door.

I've got it booked into have it looked at. But I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a simple fix.

Cheers,

J

Is your sliding door completely closed when you shut the door? Is it in line with the rest of the body?
If you close the door in the first lock, is there still a wide gap, or is the door quite close to the sealing? Can you put your finger through the gap?

I would say there are some gears with teeth missing in the motor for the closing aid of the sliding door.

Yeah, the door shuts completely and is in line with the body. I think you might be on the money with gears missing teeth.

The sliding door on MY19 Cali Ocean is making a grinding noise when the handle is pulled to open the door.

I've got it booked into have it looked at. But I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a simple fix.

Cheers,

J

Hi Jay. The noise comes from nearer the back of the van and for me it was the plastic gear in the gearbox on the motor that had stripped when I operated the door manually.

20210522_164019.jpg

Back