Fredrik

Fredrik

VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

We are a family in the middle of Sweden (120km south of Stockholm). I have a idea of a Cali Swap with another family in the middle of UK. We are two adults with a 12 year old daughter. We want to change one week for one week some time this summer. Easiest if we do the swap two various weeks so we can deliver the van to the airport for each other.
We can bring our California to Arlanda, Västerås or Skavsta Airport. My idea is that we deliver the van to the airport ready to start the vacation from the first hour (Water, fuel in the tanks and breakfast in the fridge ).
Important to check the insurance. I have OK from my insurance company to lend our van to "friends" from UK.

Benefits with this idea is that you save two days transport to go to Sweden. You save milage on your own van and you can start to explore the nordic countries from day one, just buy a fly seat and the van will be waiting for you in Sweden. And clearly trip advice for yore stay is included:).

We will not have our car for hire. Just a swap in interesting. We want to have a family that are familiar with the funktions in the California.

If you think this sounds like a interesting idea please send me a PM.
You can find us on Instagram #bulliliving

More about us and our Cali:)

nrLFfNM3SnGqyjEvTtKN3A.jpg

lK4TO5xYQXC%gfeoHqB5mg.jpg

tUTaOsSOT4C6n37NifyKeg.jpg

EA9DEAEA-AC4A-45F9-8901-48BA9C5230CF.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea, wouldn’t work for us though it might have twenty years ago - hope you can work something out with someone

Lovely idea
I’ve sent you a message on Instagram as I can’t DM you on here (you need to be a member)

Now I am a VIP member. Send a PM if interested send a PM:).

Great idea. It has the potential to be mutually beneficial for both parties.

Great idea - I have thought about doing this myself! I would only consider lending my Cali to a fellow owner, and love the idea of a win-win exchange like this and the opportunity to travel further afield. It's not the right timing for us for this time, but would definitely consider in future.

(Just a thought, maybe for admin- but it might be worth developing a stand alone thread or website function in its own right for others to post similar opportunities, if such a thing doesn't exist already?)

Hope you get sorted @Fredrik ! Happy travels

Have also been thinking about the risk. But if you are swaping with another Cali owner that knows the car and all funktions the risk that something shall break should be small. And I hope thet people in this club has honest intent.

In order to minimise the risk further I was thinking of a closed forum that you have to recommend people in order to join (I know that I am the person with least credit in this thread and on this forum :) ).

But the benefits over come the disadvantage. And I have been thinking of this fore a while.

If you find the right people to swap with you can even go to Scandinavia for the weekend and be back in GB on Sunday evening. About 2 h flight London-Stockholm.