Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calibed Roof III

V

Vlamos

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,

Anyone tried the calibed roof III? Is it an improvement against the included matras ?

Hi,

We have the calibed roof III. It is definitely an improvement over the included mattress. The only thing I found is that when you roll over you could feel the slats below (but not when laid in one position) to rectify this I bought a couple of foam mats. Now they are underneath the bed is so comfortable and you can still keep the mats and mattress in situ when you lower the roof

Hi,

We have the calibed roof III. It is definitely an improvement over the included mattress. The only thing I found is that when you roll over you could feel the slats below (but not when laid in one position) to rectify this I bought a couple of foam mats. Now they are underneath the bed is so comfortable and you can still keep the mats and mattress in situ when you lower the roof

Hi - I noticed that the Calibed Rood III is listed as a 6.1 option. What van do you have? I'm looking for a mattress for our T6 and was hoping that this would fit.

Hi - I noticed that the Calibed Rood III is listed as a 6.1 option. What van do you have? I'm looking for a mattress for our T6 and was hoping that this would fit.

For a T6 you’ll want the Calibed Roof II. It’s actually one cm thicker, so more comfortable on the slatted bed in the T5/T6. The Calibed Roof III is specifically for the new ’dishes’ bed in the T6.1.

I have the II in a T6 and can thoroughly recommend.

Thanks @Kingfisher. I've taken the plunge and ordered a Calibed II today!

I will try and remember to drop back into the forum in a few months and report back while a comparison is still fresh in my mind :).

Our Calibed II arrived earlier this week, so I'm reporting back per the promise above. It's definitely in a different world to the original VW mattress - much thicker and more comfortable. Makes the VW mattress feel like a piece of card!

The only issue I had was that it seems to pop the offside back corner of the roof up by about a cm. Has anybody else had this? I made some adjustments to the roof scissors and have balanced the roof again - take a look at this thread here if anyone needs to know how to do this: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/adjusting-rear-roof-scissor.37190/

The only issue I had was that it seems to pop the offside back corner of the roof up by about a cm. Has anybody else had this? I made some adjustments to the roof scissors and have balanced the roof again - take a look at this thread here if anyone needs to know how to do this: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/adjusting-rear-roof-scissor.37190/

Glad you like the Calibed. I think my roof still closes just fine, but it is good to know that the closing can actually be adjusted, thanks!

Is this using just the main Calibed Roof II mattress, or did you also get the separate small mattress part for the foot end of the bed? That one ’officially’ has to be taken down when closing the roof I remember. Just wondering if you made it fit somehow.

Glad you like the Calibed. I think my roof still closes just fine, but it is good to know that the closing can actually be adjusted, thanks!

Is this using just the main Calibed Roof II mattress, or did you also get the separate small mattress part for the foot end of the bed? That one ’officially’ has to be taken down when closing the roof I remember. Just wondering if you made it fit somehow.
Hi - yes we already had the "footer" mattress from the original set-up and have kept that. It's about 4cm thick versus the 6cm or so for the Calibed II but seems to fit OK and we've never had to remove it to close the roof

I have a Brandrup Isotop in the roof.
I can still close the roof without problems but I wonder if I will not have problems if I buy a Calibed Roof III (I have a T6.1)