Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calicap pull out drawer

Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Following a previous recommendation from @Borris and others, we got a Calicap pull out drawer for our Beach.

Unfortunately Calicap (the shop behind the Caliboard.de forum) no longer deliver to the UK, but it made for a nice excursion in our family holiday to pick it up at their warehouse near Cologne.

We’re very pleased with the quality, its strength and relative light weight - as drawer and fittings are made from 3mm aluminium.

BAE0B2FB-9E0A-4999-AA8F-DFEC9999CD31.jpeg

1BDF67F4-2ADF-4C5F-B7C2-E87B9F501363.jpeg

You convinced me :) I ordered it for collection later in the week. Reading this forum is not great for bank balance ;-)

Did you go for 740 or 820? I chose deeper one, since I don't carry passengers.

We went for 740. We have a Beach and usually have passengers (our 3 kids) on the rear bench, but either depth would work for us actually.

I suspect the optimal depth is same for Ocean (not sure which you’ve got?), but best to check with a search on this forum.

I've got 3 seater Beach. I read Borris thread which had great pictures and can see you have the same euro box setup.

I use Mercedes C-class boot liner which is around 110cm long and keep bench at this position. Exception will be on next trip with bike inside.

Last edited:
Yes, I copied the brilliant setup that @Borris kindly shared with the forum - down to using the manufacturer of the Eurocrates :)

Looks like the drawer will have to travel in a box on a roof rack of my other car, because windscreen in my Cali just broke. Small stone in 30mph zone and glass cracked almost immediately.
I'm fortunate, to have another means of transport that I can use for camping and hauling stuff. Trip in Hotel California changed into Hotel FJ (Cruiser).

I installed the drawer today. I didn't use carpet that came with it, but old Mercedes boot liner which enjoys life in 4th car now. It has fold out boot lip/ bumper protection as well.

20240825_113711.jpg

20240825_113729.jpg

20240825_114235.jpg

Back