Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

Gazellio,

Don't suppose you know the part number for the wheels please?

Cheers

No but I can look at the invoice. Its two parts the wheels and the hubcaps... No part numbers on invoice!

4 X Wheel Rims £1619.07
4 X Wheel Trims £422.21

No but I can look at the invoice. Its two parts the wheels and the hubcaps... No part numbers on invoice!

4 X Wheel Rims £1619.07
4 X Wheel Trims £422.21

Yes please, Thank you..

I sold the original alloys for £600 so net cost was reasonable...

It looks like the alloy choice has been reduced, no Springfields listed on the configurator anymore.

£1400 isn't as bad.
What were yours ? Claytons or Davenports?

If you mean my originals I have not idea generic multi spoke 16" in grey Alloy color.Here they are:

alloys.jpg

Last edited:
"Virtual Private Network" as Westfalia says without a VPN you cannot use Virgin GO and similar outside the UK. With a VPN Virgin (or other) assume your in UK and allow service. They do cost though - a small annual or monthly fee.:thumb

It looks like Virgin are about to allow access in Europe as standard so probably no longer need the VPN to watch UK TV via my Virgin TV account.

I fixed the annoying awning rattle. Its the telescopic legs. The inside telescopic leg tube has room to move inside the outside tube as do the swivelling feet. As a test I used silver gaffer tape to cover the area when clipped in to stop the feet rattling and to reduce the legs rattling. Result of test almost completely silent. (I won't bother when camping but when using as an every day this makes my life much sweeter)

20180426_090042.jpg

So after a few months, how are you getting on with keeping the white wheels kind of white? Did you treat yours with something or just washing them a lot or not bothered by the brake dust (i doubt the last one looking at your beautiful bus!)..?

Mine are always black and tough to clean. I'm really not hard on the brakes so I'm hoping the pads will stop spewing so much after a while. It has about 1600km on it now. I got some C5 Wheel Armour but haven't had time to put it on yet. I want to remove, clean properly and treat the whole wheel(s).

I think the only thing to do is clean regularly but jet washing is not enough they need to be rubbed with a soft cloth. I do this at least once a week and they are sill pretty white...

20180123_114356.jpg

Your Cali does really look great, nice work :thumb

Can I ask where you purchased the wheels from? I'm in the process of buying a new Cali and asked the dealer about these wheels, he advised that whilst he can get them from VW that I should source them myself because he said to get directly from VW they would cost considerably more.

Also, were your wheels brand new and are they genuine VW?

Thanks.

Mine are Brand New and are genuine VW. I bought them from VW Heritage in Bristol as they were cheaper than VW Colindale where I bought the Van. I suggest getting quotes from 2 or three VW Parts Depts. :thumb

I am considering buying a Hymer M-LI 620 for summer holidays as with 4 adults sized peeps and a large Dog the Cali is a bit of a squash on a four week European summer holiday that we do every year plus others. Can I have your ideas on what I may achieve for my fully loaded Beach Bulli it is late 2017 and has only 4300 miles and in perfect order. THe VW configurator shows a new price of £52600 with my factory options and I have added the £2500 wheels/Tyres plus replacement Headlights, Chrome Pack, Chrome Triple Grille, Full Towbar/Electrics, etc. Suggestion on starting price appreciated although this is not a definite decision yet?

Don’t do it you will only end up buying another one in the future. Just think carefully about what you take with you. You don’t need more room when abroad as the weather usually means you are outside most of the time anyway, just less stuff with you.

We go to countries where it rains often like Austria & Switzerland and have become used to having a large van to lounge in with an area for the boys to watch TV/DVD or read and an area for us & friends to relax with a glass a wine etc. It not a definite yet but it has worked for the last 15 years and I am not getting the love from the other three about spending the whole summer in my Cali... (PS: Your right about the Cali this is my third despite always having a large Van)