Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

No I stopped at the cafe by the beach up near Gunners Park end. Its a grass car park which I like.

Uncle Tom's Cabin! We spend a few Sunday afternoons up there.. I prefer the grass car park near Thorpe Bay Yacht Club and often have a Pizza/Pasta picnic there. 20 mins from me.

I think I was at Thorpe Bay Yacht Club. By the Beach Huts just down from Gunners Park. Two Grass Car Parks with Cafe inbetween....

Uncle Tom's Cabin! We spend a few Sunday afternoons up there.. I prefer the grass car park near Thorpe Bay Yacht Club and often have a Pizza/Pasta picnic there. 20 mins from me.

Just been back today it was Uncle Toms Cabin but the wife was not impressed! After a great walk we went down to Leigh-on-Sea and had Fish 7 Chips :)

20180626_125254.jpg

Last edited:
Just been back today it was Uncle Toms Cabin but the wife was not impressed! After a great walk we went down to Leigh-on-Sea and had Fish 7 Chips :)

View attachment 34843
Looks lovely! Unfortunately no places to get the Cali parked right near the sea without a wall / road / Beach hut in the way.
East Beach, just along from Gunners Park, used to be great 25 years ago when you could park on the grass wherever you liked.

The walk from Chalkwell to LoS is quite nice.

Fantastic weather for it!

9000 beautiful miles total in 9 months from new but unfortunately I may have to sell soon as the family want more space as they have been used to luxury German 7.5m Motorhomes... Only slept in twice by me alone so still like new :-(

9000 beautiful miles total in 9 months from new but unfortunately I may have to sell soon as the family want more space as they have been used to luxury German 7.5m Motorhomes... Only slept in twice by me alone so still like new :-(
What was the motorhome?

Our last one was a 7.5m Dethleffs Advantage with Esprit upgrade and full Winterisation and Twin LNB Sat TV with two Avtex TV's, Dometic Rooflight Air Con, Double floor etc etc. You could easily live in it but not too big for Euro campsites. We have also has similar size/quality Hymer & Frankia motorhomes.

dethleffs.jpg

Last edited:
Big clean today including behind the hubcaps back to like new.
Well, if i was in the market for a Red Beach ( un-lowered )
yours would be the one. :thumb
I think you can safely say - first to see will buy- on the ad.

It would be a Hymer this time but alas my wife does not want one at all. Hopefully will change when my two boys have finished their O & A levels....

Will be sad to see it go gazellio. Will you be sticking around or is that it for you as well?