Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California-Camping.de - Slide out Tray - Odd pricing policy?

D

daveg54

Guest User
We really liked the look of the California-Camping.de slide out shelf for our Beach. When we first looked they were out of stock so I set up and alert.

We were please to receive the notification that they were back in stock so went ahead to order one. The special price was welcome.

When on the site we were surprised to find out that that when we said we wanted the tray delivered to the UK the price went up to €555.00. We thought this was the price including delivery however this was not the case. Further through the paying process we found the price was indeed €555.00 plus €30 for delivery.

Buyer beware!

Der pulverbeschichtete Alu-Heckauszug für den T5, T6 und T6.1 California Beach und Multivan mit Dreierbank
Der pulverbeschichtete Alu-Heckauszug für den T5, T6 und T6.1 California Beach und Multivan mit Dreierbank

Sie kennen das: Das Sie wollen liegt immer ganz hinten? Jetzt nicht mehr! Ziehen Sie einfach den Kofferraum um 80 cm aus dem Auto.
Mehr Platz im Alltag, mehr Stauraum auf großer Fahrt - Sie haben Platz für 3 Euroboxen und noch ein bisschen mehr.

Regular Price: €539.00
Special price: €525.45

deleted post, as not sure I mentioned the correct company.

Last edited:
Revised - below refers to Calicap slide out drawer, but still Possibly relevant:

Fantastic product but when we ordered one last year it arrived damaged. Still useable but one of the corners was bent (was easy to bend back into shape with some mole grips, but still visible).

We notified them of damage, but they were very unhelpful; We asked for the postage cost to be refunded as compensation to avoid sending it back (as its a big item)..to which they accused us of causing the damage ourselves to seek a price reduction.

In the end we took the matter up with credit card company who refunded us the postage cost.

I wouldn’t purchase from them again, no matter how good the product. Seem to be comparable alternatives available now in the UK.

Last edited:
Ours arrived damaged as well, I have posted a thread about it. We have had to bend it back into shape ourselves.......

Ours arrived damaged as well, I have posted a thread about it. We have had to bend it back into shape ourselves.......
Yours came from - CALI CAP .

Calicap and California camping are 2 different companies, there's a bit of a
mix up going on here.

I think club shop sell these now, better to order in UK, less chance of damage I guess

The shop ones are different I believe, certainly for the Ocean. They don't go full width instead leaving space for the ski hatch clear. Which is a shame and defeats the purpose for us. If anyone knows where a full width version can be sourced in the UK I would be very interested, as I'm sure others would be to avoid some of the reported issues and prices involved with the 2 main suppliers in Germany.

The shop ones are different I believe, certainly for the Ocean. They don't go full width instead leaving space for the ski hatch clear. Which is a shame and defeats the purpose for us. If anyone knows where a full width version can be sourced in the UK I would be very interested, as I'm sure others would be to avoid some of the reported issues and prices involved with the 2 main suppliers in Germany.

Yep, I thought the same.

I too wanted the full width tray for an Ocean and wasn't prepared to pay the price found on the internet.
So I decided to make my own.
I am in the middle of making my own too. Using the exact same drawer slides. I’m using pop rivets. Not too difficult at all. I am fortunate to have a table saw and appropriate blade to cut the aluminium. However it could readily be done by hacksaw. Other than that, 5mm drill and pop riveter is all that you’d need really beyond basic tools.

Back