Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Cover

Barryjm

Barryjm

VIP Member
Anyone out there ever puchased a cover for their T5/Transporter/Cali? I am looking for a complete cover to keep the winter elements off the vehicle when it is not being used. I have seen T2 and T4 but not a T5 cover. I would need one which allowed access to the sliding door so that I could access the vehicle without removing the cover. I am sure I remember a discussion from the Facebook forum well over a year ago but I think the forum is no longer accessable. :(

Any help greatly appreciated, Regards Barry

Barry here is my post from FB which might help.

Protec quoted me £390.00 for a cover fully inclusive of door access, storage bag and VAT for the California. This also allowed for a extra bit on the back to go over our Thule bike rack. They will also give a discount if you are a member of one of the camping/ caravan clubs.

They are expensive but they work. We had one on our caravan for years when it was winter stored. When the cover was removed in the spring the outside would be spot less and the inside would not smell damp.

It is your choice but you do get what you pay for and the protec was the best of all the breathable covers in the test reports.

Another one to look at again from the FB discussion is a "MOLTEX" outdoor cover for the Cali (listed as suitable for VW T4/T5) from Hamilton Covers on ebay (£200). It is a semi tailored fit and just Google Hamilton Covers for some more details.

Finally a good option, if you have mains power near where you store your Cali, is to have a flap made in your cover so you can get to your mains hook up socket. You can then top up your Cali's Battery's every few weeks through the winter.