Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California edition Uk

Cpbrodie

Cpbrodie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I see this is being launched this summer in both beach and ocean trim with TDI engines and looks like DSG as standard.

Looks like only TDI's according to the VW web site

Coming soon
California Edition
The California Edition boasts sleek lines and striking features. Distinguished from the rest of the range, the stylish Edition is sure to make a bold statement.

In addition to all the standard features of a California, the Edition includes LED headlights, Discover Media with App-Connect and exclusive decals.

Engine technology
The California Beach Edition is available with a 150PS 2.0TDI engine and the California Ocean Edition is available with either with a 150PS or 204PS engine. Both come with a 7-speed plus a dual clutch direct shift gearbox (DSG), providing a smooth power-flow when changing gear.

The new Edition trim, redefining California cool

With a bold chrome grill, alloy wheels and LED lights, the new Edition trim has a striking contrast of black and white exterior styling, taking California to a new standout level. Inside there are clever bed extensions, handy new wooden storage spaces, advanced climate control and a new, multi-function steering wheel. Arriving Summer 2018.

Different Wheels, 2XDecals & a Black roof. How much more than standard Beach/Ocean is it?

Surely the advanced climate control and steering wheel will be available across the range?

PS: I do like it though!

Different Wheels, 2XDecals & a Black roof. How much more than standard Beach/Ocean is it?

Surely the advanced climate control and steering wheel will be available across the range?

PS: I do like it though!

It's just an option package, and it was a pretty good deal. All of these options, except the decals and black roof, are available on any Cali I'm pretty sure. We decided on a two tone and it was quite a bit more expensive to spec it out the same way, but the edition was only available in single colours.

I'm very interested to see what price this is released at.

I really fancied a new white one with LEDs!

Just checked the German website and hope they have the Black 18" Springfield option here in the UK..

It's just an option package, and it was a pretty good deal. All of these options, except the decals and black roof, are available on any Cali I'm pretty sure. We decided on a two tone and it was quite a bit more expensive to spec it out the same way, but the edition was only available in single colours.

I thought it was just white your post suggests it could be any single colour?

Last edited:
Here in Switzerland there are currently three choices of colour. White, yellow and red

iris.jpeg iris (1).jpeg

When we were ordering, there may have also been a blue available.

**Edit for a typo

Looks like its available in Germany in:
candy
reflex
grape
Oryx
Red

I like it. It's been available in Europe, and other territories for ages whereas in the UK we suffer the usual marketing trickle down; slowly drip - feeding new releases to retain interest in a model. If you're getting the options at a decent discount then it makes a lot of sense to get one. The UK only did the White "Edition 25" a few years ago which was available in other colours and specs in other markets. Pretty sure I've seen it in blue somewhere as well.

@paulscryer I'd be surprised if the Climate Control was new - as that has huge tooling and manufacturing implications. It'll just be the mf wheel (probably straight off the golf) and the "wooden storage" :)

I like it. It's been available in Europe, and other territories for ages whereas in the UK we suffer the usual marketing trickle down; slowly drip - feeding new releases to retain interest in a model. If you're getting the options at a decent discount then it makes a lot of sense to get one. The UK only did the White "Edition 25" a few years ago which was available in other colours and specs in other markets. Pretty sure I've seen it in blue somewhere as well.

@paulscryer I'd be surprised if the Climate Control was new - as that has huge tooling and manufacturing implications. It'll just be the mf wheel (probably straight off the golf) and the "wooden storage" :)
wooden storage out of the Mk2 golf driver :D - steering wheel off the Mk7 GTD :mute:confused:

They have been doing an edition transporter for a while. Has anyone looked to see what kind of saving there is on those specific options edition vs non edition?

A real quick review and I maybe completely wrong but looked at the 150 DSG kombi Edition against the 150 DSG Kombi Highline and the difference is approx £3600.

Main additional options included on Edition Kombi & Prices below are the option price on a Cali.

LED LIGHTS £1750
SAT NAV £930
APP CONNECT £162
17 CASCAVELS £1164
F&R SENSORS AND CAMERA £690
POWER LATCH SIDE DOOR £132
£4830 for main options.

So it's a possibility that the Edition Cali may include £4800 worth of options for an approximate increase of £3600. Without taking into account of the additional black roof and edition details.

A real quick review and I maybe completely wrong but looked at the 150 DSG kombi Edition against the 150 DSG Kombi Highline and the difference is approx £3600.

Main additional options included on Edition Kombi & Prices below are the option price on a Cali.

LED LIGHTS £1750
SAT NAV £930
APP CONNECT £162
17 CASCAVELS £1164
£4830 for main options.

So it's a possibility that the Edition Cali may include £4800 worth of options for an approximate increase of £3600. Without taking into account of the additional black roof and edition details.

@2haw Good idea though they're the Beach option prices (almost). e.g LEDs are 1560 on the Ocean vs 1752 on the Beach. Discover Nav (non-"Plus") is 1116 on the Ocean and 930 on the Beach (though you miss out on 2 speakers). Cascaveles are (bizarrely) a 738 option on the Ocean vs 1164 on the Beach (bearing in mind the standard Ocean Davenports are a 1080 Beach option!). I only know because I pulled some pricing out of the website earlier to compare for something else. It'll definitely be worth totting up the actual savings per model when they the price. I'd spec all those anyway (maybe with the exception of the power latching on the door), so it's like getting a heavily discounted set of LEDs if you can live with what looks like a limited (i.e. White) colour option.

@2haw Good idea though they're the Beach option prices (almost). e.g LEDs are 1560 on the Ocean vs 1752 on the Beach. Discover Nav (non-"Plus") is 1116 on the Ocean and 930 on the Beach (though you miss out on 2 speakers). Cascaveles are (bizarrely) a 738 option on the Ocean vs 1164 on the Beach (bearing in mind the standard Ocean Davenports are a 1080 Beach option!). I only know because I pulled some pricing out of the website earlier to compare for something else. It'll definitely be worth totting up the actual savings per model when they the price. I'd spec all those anyway (maybe with the exception of the power latching on the door), so it's like getting a heavily discounted set of LEDs if you can live with what looks like a limited (i.e. White) colour option.

Sorry... being selfish, I'm only interested in the Beach!

LED LIGHTS £1750
SAT NAV £930
APP CONNECT £162
17 CASCAVELS £1164
£4830 for main options.

I have one of these, albeit a German Beach Edition but I think it also included (over the standard Beach) comfort dashboard and the rear air conditioning. Not sure if they’re already included on a UK Beach or not though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one of these, albeit a German Beach Edition but I think it also included (over the standard Beach) comfort dashboard and the rear air conditioning. Not sure if they’re already included on a UK Beach or not though.

Maybe they are referring to the 3 zone rear climate when they state 'advanced' climate?

Maybe they are referring to the 3 zone rear climate when they state 'advanced' climate?

Yes maybe. From memory, i think If you want the rear climate control it’s mandatory to have the comfort dash too.

I just matched my current spec and easily got north of 67000. Ouch

Back