Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California edition Uk

They make it sound like it's a 6 and a half grand premium for some stickers and being called an Edition...

Forgot to mention the 6/7 grands worth of options that are included!

I wonder why these reviews never go on to mention known problems, like roof corrosion for example. Would be be good if the negatives got publicity too. Might actually help the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wandered past one just now whilst out dog walking, looked like it was brand spanking new...

Very smart!

Ah well, I am the one who fell for the unique decals and gloss trinkets!!!
Think that they got the pricing a bit wrong and also the fact that it is only available in white not the five they mention. I had the windows further tinted, an extra two years warranty and the first years road tax included and it came in a lot lower than the figure they quote.
I am very happy with mine and anyone wanting to see it is welcome to do so at Tenby or West Bay.

I think I'm going to take the plunge on an Beach Edition. ( my forth Cali ) I think I'm going have the Tints a bit darker too! we have been quoted for the extra two year 80K warranty, Sport Line springs and every option available (to the edition which was Black awning, three seat bench, cruise, lights and vision, power latch tailgate and headlight washers) which was a lot less then the retail and came with two services.

I can live without the diesel heater my wife hates the smell and we have always plugged in a small electric heater even when we had the Ocean/SE (on hook up)

Well I'd love to have one . I think it looks fab in the pictures and has made my mind up about getting the roof done in black at some point

I'd have one if it came with sensible options, or could be configured like other countries.

I think I'm going to take the plunge on an Beach Edition. ( my forth Cali ) I think I'm going have the Tints a bit darker too! we have been quoted for the extra two year 80K warranty, Sport Line springs and every option available (to the edition which was Black awning, three seat bench, cruise, lights and vision, power latch tailgate and headlight washers) which was a lot less then the retail and came with two services.

I can live without the diesel heater my wife hates the smell and we have always plugged in a small electric heater even when we had the Ocean/SE (on hook up)
Should get my Edition within the next week, also having the lowering springs fitted!

Well, as the van has to be registered before the lowering springs can be fitted (due to emissions) I decided to collect the van today and take it with the standard suspension. Will get it booked in for a few weeks time to get the lowering done.

Very pleased with it and a big recommendation for Ian at Loughton VW Van Centre for dealing with me again!

Anybody that's looking to buy a new California should give them a try as they are doing some good deals as they have only recently been appointed to sell Californias

20180616_110857.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-145632_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Nice that dealer is just down the road from me are you local?
I live near sunny Southend so not too far away, Loughton is now my closest Lifestyle dealer.

I viewed an edition last week.
I told the dealer i was looking for a 6-8% discount. He offered 1%.
I went elsewhere and bought a different van. But it was nice talking to the dealer the following day when he phoned to discuss his offer...

Nice van, enjoy :thumb

I viewed an edition last week.
I told the dealer i was looking for a 6-8% discount. He offered 1%.
I went elsewhere and bought a different van. But it was nice talking to the dealer the following day when he phoned to discuss his offer...

Did you buy an Edition?

No.
I found a 12 month old Ocean with under 600 miles on which ticked enough boxes for me and significantly cheaper.

Does anybody know anything about these?

Just been on the website and noticed them. NO price details but some "standard" features such as LED lights and front and rear parking sensors with camera.

Spoke to VW via chat but no details?

Thanks

When we were at the dealership a few weeks ago ordering our new CaliO, they had an "Edition" in the showroom and we had a good look around it; all white with some "Edition" stickers here and there; from what I can tell it is a CaliO with some of the "options" included as standard (LEDs...etc); the only other difference I noticed was the colour of the units and the colour/material of the floor in the rear living space.

I don't remember the price but I "think" it was around the £63k region but I could be wrong.

Does anybody know anything about these?

Just been on the website and noticed them. NO price details but some "standard" features such as LED lights and front and rear parking sensors with camera.

Spoke to VW via chat but no details?

Thanks

Basically there are both Ocean and Beach versions. Despite an official spec I don't think you are able to order one. VW made 40 of each and are all built the same and most dealers where given one of each.

150DSG Beach Retail £51,665
Candy white with edition decals on sides and bottom edge of tailgate. Black inlay on roof sides. Black B-pillar vinyl.
Deep Black wing mirrors
Ocean spec front grill with three chrome strips
Darkened rear lights
LED lights
Discover Nav
App Connect
Privacy glass
Three bench rear in moon rock grey only
Comfort dash inc three zone Aircon with glossy black insert
17" Cascavel alloys with black inlay
Leather Multi function steering wheel
Fog lights w/cornering
Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera

+ £1320 Options which they all seem to have
Black awning £450
Power Latching tailgate £126
Cruise Control £240
Lights & Vision £264
headlight washer £240

Total for Beach Edition £52,985 same spec on configurator £54.791 saving £1806 plus the edition bits

204 DSG Ocean retail £64,385
Candy white with edition decals on sides and bottom edge of tailgate. Black inlay on roof sides. Black B-pillar vinyl.
Deep Black wing mirrors
Glossy Black Dash insert
Darkened rear lights
White wood interior cabinets
Shower +comfort lights
LED lights
Discover Nav plus
Premium display
Laminated + Privacy glass
Moon rock valley grey trim only
17" Cascavel alloys with black inlay
Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera