Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Exclusive Leisure Battery

M

Marineboy

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi, just checking to see if others have replaced the leisure battery in a T4 Exclusive with the battery box forming part of the waste water tank. Our Nova Tera Block 125 Ah gel battery has lost a cell so needs replacing. The Exide ES 1600 seems to be a popular choice but is slightly taller. Has anyone out there fitted one of these and did it involve modifying the battery restraining straps? Has anyone found a battery which is a perfect fit?

Hi, in mine I have the Exide 1600, and as far as I can see, no modifications were made. Strong battery, even after al these years still able to go 3 days off grid, incl. heater!
Hope the pics can tell you more.
Greetz, Bart

IMG_20210531_185140-min.jpg

IMG_20210531_185212-min.jpg

Many thanks Bart, that is very reassuring to see the battery in the space. I’ll order tomorrow! Really good of you to move the seat take out the cushion etc to take the picture, much appreciated. I had thought that if it was higher I could pack pack up where the straps attach at the back of the box but had thought the front would require a bit more effort.

Given that no one in the uk has heard of nova tera block batteries (part of a big German outfit that does lost of off-grid and IT infrastructure back up) I assume it been in our van since it was imported in 2006 so hopefully not an expense I’ll be facing too often. We have a solar panel and have been 4 or five days off grid in Scotland in winter with heating and lots of lights without any problems. So very happy with the general set up.

That a very shiny looking van you have. Do you use the Autogolem bumper care?

Thanks again for your help.

All the best

Alan

You're welcome, there are not that many Exclusives around, so owners should watch over each other. I gave up keeping the bumpers and side panels black... from time to time I put some Teflon spray on it, when I get annoyed by the shabby look :rolleyes:

Back