Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California kitchen unit and cupboard edge trim

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
In my quest to build my California-ish from second hand parts, I need to tidy up a few edges on my kitchen unit. In places the 5mm aluminium edge trim (u channel) is dented or missing. Has anyone needed to replace any edge trim and if so is it available ready cut and bent to shape?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

It only seems to come in very short "repair" lengths of 1m I think.

Do you know where I can get this from? Havig spoke to a parts assistant today at VW he said I had to buy the complete bare unit at £2800! Maybe he didnt look into properly.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Having contacted three VW main dealers, they all said I would have to buy the complete unit + £2800!

However, this great forum provided me with a parts number, so I went to Bristol VW with it today and they said, it is available in 1m lengths proced at £7.90 a length. Looks like I have just saved myself £2792.10 ;)

Thanks again for the help.

Andrew.

I'm in the same situation with the trim around my unit door aperture, though the damage was inflicted by me trying to lever the r/h door open after it jammed shut solid. Can anyone supply me with the vw part number for the 5mm u section repair length?

Back