Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California security tips

EnricoWindsurf

EnricoWindsurf

MY2018 T6 Cali Beach 2-seater bench "Silver Surf"
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, my California Beach finally came to the dealer. I will collect it within a week. I wanted to ask you some advice on van's safety. Where do you usually park inside the cities? On holiday do you prefer to leave your van at the camping and to use bicycles? Any IMG_1756.jpg anti-theft on the steering wheel as a deterrent tool? Some advice to avoid bad surprises coming back to the car?
Thank you very much,
Enrico
(Milano-Italy)

1. Good Insurance, not just the cheapest.
2. In cities I park with the rest. Any carpark of 2m or more height.
3. Campsites are probably one of the safest places.
4. We often use bicycles on site and the van for places over 20km.

I just check windows are shut, internal alarm off if roof raised and enjoy life.
If a professional wants your California they will. If someone smashes the window to get your laptop then you shouldn't have left it out on view.
Sensible precautions or you'll end up paranoid.

Just got my Cali in June and when in UK I have to park outside my house , it's a busy area with some low life , after reading about the Cali attempted theft in Cheltenham I hope I haven't become paranoid but think I'll take what sensible precautions I can . There are all easy and cheap to do , so why not .

1) I have a £20 alarm , the sensor goes on the dashboard or anywhere and the receiver goes with you , where ever you go , they say it could work as far at 100m, so if you park up somewhere and leave the Cali but are close by , restaurants, camping ground , outside your home but in the street like me , this alarm goes off and there is absolutely nothing the theives can do to stop it . It's very loud too so you wouldn't miss hearing it , around 100db . It has an off button too , so you don't get the alarm when you don't want it .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RCW8QS2/?tag=eliteelect-21

2) I use the spare safe from the Cali shop

3) I have a disc lock , I bought it 20 years ago and they say it would take a profession theive 12 mins to cut off , if they got inside the Cali / car . It looks very formidable. I do t think there is anything stronger.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SLB6WXE/?tag=eliteelect-21

4) I spoke with another Cali member this week , Tom Cali , and he told me he turns his seat around and padlocks it in that position .

5) About parking , I just don't park next to a flow of traffic , like on a corner or 90 degrees opposite where someone will reverse . Its not paranoid and its already saved me losing my wing once , the car that took that place I might of had was during the night rammed by accident by another car . I now , having benefited from being fussy where I park, never listen to my wife or daughter telling me I should just park and stop driving around the car park being fussy where I park.

Ps . http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/95031/steering-wheel-locks-2016-group-test

Hope this helps :)