Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Spotters Fest

J

JockMacMad

VIP Member
Well yesterday I managed to only spot 6 California's between Glasgow and Skye. Two were foreign, 1 Belgian, one Dutch and 4 UK.

We passed a Silver one in Glencoe around 12:00 as it was pulling out of a parking place but it was heading South as we were going North, indeed now I think about it apart from one on a site therywere all going South DOH.

This does not include th T2's (one was a new Danbury) and T4's along the way as well.

Must of been a day for Cali's all being on the road yesterday, we saw a record 12 on the A75 on way to Montpellier yesterday in the space of a 4.5 hour journey ... German, Dutch, French and Swiss. four of which were towing caravans. just one on the site we are staying on at the moment and they are from Austria. Not seen one from the UK yet.. Oh yeh, i got a wave from a Bongo aswell.

We saw a couple of Cali's heading up to Euro Tunnel on Friday and there was a blue one in the carriage in front of us. I spoke to the family who conceded to having visited the forum but only to find details of the cigarette lighter fuse :laugh2

Martin said:
Must of been a day for Cali's all being on the road yesterday, we saw a record 12 on the A75 on way to Montpellier yesterday in the space of a 4.5 hour journey ... German, Dutch, French and Swiss. four of which were towing caravans. just one on the site we are staying on at the moment and they are from Austria. Not seen one from the UK yet.. Oh yeh, i got a wave from a Bongo aswell.

Did that bongo have a trailer Martin ?

No, but i could hardly see in their windows with the amount of kit they had in it. I just hope he did not wave at me thinking I was a fellow bongo owner.

Martin said:
No, but i could hardly see in their windows with the amount of kit they had in it. I just hope he did not wave at me thinking I was a fellow bongo owner.

Lol ... A friend has one after his t25 and loves it and goes everywhere in it .. Cheap and 4x4 ..... But he loves my Cali :)

In the year and a half I've had my cali, I've only seen two others in NZ...and I do a fair amount of driving too!
12 in a day! I don't even think there are 12 in NZ.

I saw a white Bongo on my way to work this morning at the Super Sausage cafe on the A5. Packed to the rafters with kit, 3 or 4 kayaks on the roof and a trailer.

Someone's on their hols... (very jealous..)

Do you all acknowledge other Cali drivers?

Recently, I had a wave from a Caravelle Edition 25 and a converted T4!

I wave at anything that resembles a Cali just in case! (and most camper vans) spread the love:) - cynically keep a tally of how many wave back though- we should develop a special Cali wave I think :)

Linda said:
I wave at anything that resembles a Cali just in case! (and most camper vans) spread the love:) - cynically keep a tally of how many wave back though- we should develop a special Cali wave I think :)

Love the idea Linda, I struggle to identify other Cali's until its too late and they've already gone past. (not sure if its just my eye sight! Not quite as easy to id as the old Buses.

LM61 - sand beige I think - spotted heading west on A830 through village of Corpach near Fort William on Sat 6th October - no wave :sad

I've got the Vw flowers hanging from the mirror - doesn't guarantee a wave, but identifies you as a VW enthusiast (geek) so that does often prompt a wave from the more blinged VW's

I wave at most things VW, mostly get waves from T5's and in particular Ed25 Caravelle's and Kombi's and the odd Cali.

I had a Kombi wave very enthusiastically at me last week in Southend. T4 owners seem to give me the least acknowledgement - the way I look it is, I don't wave to highlight my van but to highlight the van I've seen. I like to think I have a hearty respect for VW's and I like being part of the club.

James

To be honest the water- cooled t4&5 waves are nowhere near as good as the old skool air- cooled bugs,bays splits and t25's waves & flashes ....

Another one this morning in Inverness (local gym car park) with local registration (09) Natural Grey - same as mine :cool

We're camped up in the south Lake District and have had two other Cali's on the site. One has gone. The other one that is still here is based less than 15 miles from where we live is South Northants. Small world. (they're non forum members but have all been directed this way)

Back