Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California T5 Tailgate Camper Chair Stowage

F

Fost@T5

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi...
Hope you don't mind a T5 Caravelle owner 'trespassing', onto your forum?
I'm not a Camper, but I do like some of the innovative storage solutions, which are fitted to the California, especially the Tailgate Chair Storage.
Just wondered, if this is available to buy and would it fit my 2012 Caravelle?

To be honest I dont know, but one tailgate is probably the same as/very close to another. Another option may be:
Unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment. They also do a sliding door table!!!

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I'll monitor 'VanShades', I wasn't looking for a table, but it could be another option, if it stows out of the way.
Thanks again.

To be honest I dont know, but one tailgate is probably the same as/very close to another. Another option may be:
Unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment. They also do a sliding door table!!!
Hello again...
Hope you don't mind, but I have another query wrt ChairPods?
Can you please advise me, where the "Inside Tailgate Opening Switch", is located on a California? On my Caravelle, it's on the Tailgate.
If I purchase the Vanshades ChairPod, I will probably have to re-position this "Switch".
Just wondered, with the factory installed camping chair stowage, if VW had repositioned the switch?
Thank you.
Regards.

Hello again...
Hope you don't mind, but I have another query wrt ChairPods?
Can you please advise me, where the "Inside Tailgate Opening Switch", is located on a California? On my Caravelle, it's on the Tailgate.
If I purchase the Vanshades ChairPod, I will probably have to re-position this "Switch".
Just wondered, with the factory installed camping chair stowage, if VW had repositioned the switch?
Thank you.
Regards.
You have trumped us there.
Calis don't have an internal boot opener.

I haven't actually looked for one, but recall a thread as attached.

I once made it myself for our T4 Cali. Felt good for saftey reasons, to be able to open the boot from the inside:
001.jpg

20190404_140738-1024x498.jpg

It wasn't that hard. On a T5 it will be harder because I guess you ahve to remove the bag that holds the chairs. But I assume that after that, it won't be too hard. Here's a photo from the dutch forums (not mine) from a T5:
krLoCugQdkyZA7h59iqUw0SyMvtZ2zSzRqh03wFxiNKmLrU_EtuNbSiBEXHYSN2gZ0TH00MFHxRwZSXewhkbusJTaJKRW30Yh7JMtgao9EnMgBY6JX2e_2_xc74ojtayw36zQ-sgWemP6XRiTDnhUIeJ0S1YBVlM9NtaNRhzr5K_7CxgyQXY8b8snJAlQpd6P1YShYKInSqLVrRI7KKfio9vDJuBn459jeUBWAQYQ9ITfwC0_oRwfuoZXMJU3lCFPBnKxDd4wkKMMvJkJM5XRVKXKqUKFsfzK8Wj2HSgE3UWe8Bxpv_mQndQpt46zr-h6dQ2V2tnW_P0zZ0VZI8BwXR1tdTO3RQ9xoQipwXULuTqxxM8aujBcOGiV5AZwJxqoqJch3j2uVmvflG1Cu4V7Ao6_wb4v7jdxKzz-h0KDb8WNRMtQlqVAB02gGzLF67Zuq5yPsmca1-l_JaqgFUkpttSaHUnx7BRP5O0zQJlXTWDOlRm_5AiHCJr-w-Y4ofB605E1tWS3fNxa8l41m0JXUqaZOLiKmyfMirq2B-WPLqHNzZwZAAsU-KBNXNWkZhlR3Nm66IM-zLy48fRm-qOJ0JnTY8gUtxVIHcV2VeEw4XN7GmP=w867-h574-no

Thank you... All,
Looks like I'll be relocating my "Switch", to allow me to install the ChairPod.
It's a pity, the California replacement Tailgate panel (chair stowage) is so expensive!
Thanks again.
Regards.

Back