Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California T6.1 upper bed topper

HappyGus

HappyGus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

We recently acquired a t6.1 Ocean. We are quite happy with it, but I find the upper bed (which we use the most) a bit hard.

I'm quite heavy and I sleep on the side, and I wake up 3-4 time a night because my shoulder hurts. We put the down comfort mattress upstair, it helps but still hurts.

What are my options ? Im asking because apparently the upper mattress of the t6.1 us different from the t6(it's one piece that does everything and not the same thing below.)

Is there something that can stay when closed ? What would be the more comfy ?

Can replace entirely - I have slept on it and to me it is virtually as comfortable as an actual bed - when inflated it is 10 cm deep. Full spec here - probably worth looking at the size compared to what you have now - and reading the various posts on it above

Can replace entirely - I have slept on it and to me it is virtually as comfortable as an actual bed - when inflated it is 10 cm deep. Full spec here - probably worth looking at the size compared to what you have now - and reading the various posts on it above

I read a lot of reviews, seems amazing ! Just ordered one ! Thank you very much ! If I sleep well on it, I might live in it 100%

I found extra pillows help.
At home I only need 1 pillow. Upstairs in the van I need two fairly plump pillows as I tend to sleep on my side. The pillows help lift your shoulder a little.

I read a lot of reviews, seems amazing ! Just ordered one ! Thank you very much ! If I sleep well on it, I might live in it 100%
Let us know how you get on, especially the performance relative to the comfort mattress you had before - I use soulstyledevon solution above at home for the extra shoulder lift

Can you tell me where you found one? I’ve been looking for one for weeks, and everyone is out of stock. Except Sports Conrad, who don’t ship to the UK

Let us know how you get on, especially the performance relative to the comfort mattress you had before - I use soulstyledevon solution above at home for the extra shoulder lift
Maybe a small debrief after one year using it:

You have to get a bit the feeling to inflate it just enough. but the confort is nice. I'm not a big fan of the texture of the mattress, which I find doesn't breath very well and feel plastic, so we usually add the bottom "confort" mattress on top on this one and then it's the deluxe package, much better than the original one.

I wish I could just delfate it and leave it on the original mattress, but the roof doesn't close very well.

Thanks, exxposed show that listing to visitors to their site, but if you log in they don’t have it in their catalogue. So looks like it’s out of stock there too.
dreadful company keep away from them - terrible reviews - messed me about something terrible and had to go elsewhere in the end - and that was pre Brexit !

Seatosummit uk site have stock of these right now at £250 and free next day delivery. I have just ordered one for myself.