Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California's 30 Years

Very interesting picture showing two special edition "OCEAN RED" vans that are actually white not two tone RED/WHITE....

OceanRED(White).jpg

I love the way VW have convinced the media (not hard) they co-pioneered the Westfalia rebrand from Joker to California in 88...:rolleyes:

I have only ever seen two tone Ocean Red, Ocean Grey etc. Red bellows can be specced on any California, there is more to a RED special edition than red bellows. Certainly always advertised in two tone but I appreciate single colours must be available.

Interesting Swiss configurator with huge Model choice!

swissrange.jpg

Last edited:
I have only ever seen two tone Ocean Red, Ocean Grey etc. Red bellows can be specced on any California, there is more to a RED than red bellows.

Interesting that the 3rd (purple?) Cali in the picture has Red bellows but not the 'Red' logo addition.

I have red bellows and mine is a standard beach. The Red/Grey/Blue Bellows can be ordered as stand alone items. Thus my point that the red is a special edition with several features including colour coded bellows and normally two tone scheme (no extra payment for the two tone). For this reason it is the most expensive Van in the range (Where available) so why would you opt for a single (Cheaper) colour.

there is more to a RED than red bellows.
Yeah, like your face after spending about 70 grand and the bloody roof
won´t come down and as you´re trying to get it down you spot some rust, red rust.:)

I have only ever seen two tone Ocean Red, Ocean Grey etc. Red bellows can be specced on any California, there is more to a RED special edition than red bellows. Certainly always advertised in two tone but I appreciate single colours must be available.

Interesting Swiss configurator with huge Model choice!

View attachment 34504
some of those prices seem cheap, do you think they are OTR prices?

Why interesting?
The Ocean Red only indicates that the bellow is red!

And from German VW Configurator the Two Tone IS a feature of the RED/BLUE/GREY models::

img.png

California Ocean Red
From 65.765 EUR incl. VAT 1

From 55.265 EUR excl. VAT 2

• Erecting roof electrohydraulic, in body color with 2 side and a bow window, bellows in Strawberry Red
  • Flooring in the passenger compartment in wood look
  • Candy White / Cherry
  • Interior lighting concept Camper Komfort Plus with lighting in the pitch roof, tailgate and kitchen cabinet
  • Seat covers in Alcantara

img.png

California Ocean Gray
From 65.539 EUR incl. VAT 1

From 55.075 EUR excl. VAT 2

• Candy White / Indium Gray Metallic
  • Interior lighting concept Camper Komfort Plus with lighting in the pitch roof, tailgate and kitchen cabinet
  • Chrome package

img.png

California Ocean Blue
From 65.765 EUR incl. VAT 1

From 55.265 EUR excl. VAT 2

• Installation roof electrohydraulic, in body color with 2 side and a bow window, bellows in Glacier Blue
  • Candy White / Starlight Blue Metallic

Actually the swiss prices are TAX included here are the PRE TAX prices!

swissrangenet.jpg

Last edited:
Plus all these prices do not include the Mega Expensive wheels I have and you see in all the "Red" pictures (other than configuration ones). So a Red with the wheels is about 70,000 Euros plus whatever options you personally specify. Probably 75-80,000 in some cases. I think this one with the wheels says 84000 Euros...

California Ocean Red.jpg

Last edited:
How difficult would it be to buy one via Switzerland dealership? Coast Edition works out at about £38.5K basic. Cool.

Easy just go buy it and drive it back. I have bought a Hymer van from a German dealer other than left hand drive and registering it in UK no issue.

Swiss seem to have the cheapest prices not sure how buying there is effected by not being members of the EU just Economic Area. When I buy from the USA I pay import taxes but I assume that being in the Economic area (as we currently are) means no additional taxes.

1.7 Cali’s/hour. No wonder they don’t have time to do a proper job of the roof.

Anybody know about the "Beach Liberty" Models available in Switzerland they seem to be £2500/£3000 cheaper than a standard Beach. I assume something is missing maybe the pop up roof? From configurator:

Roof types and bellows color

Surface-mounted roof (manually operated) painted in body color

series
Manual pitch roof with bellows in Glacier Blue

325 CHF1

Erecting roof manually with bellows in Strawberry Red

325 CHF1

Last edited:
Easy just go buy it and drive it back. I have bought a Hymer van from a German dealer other than left hand drive and registering it in UK no issue.
It´s not as easy from swiss,
You have to pay the swiss customs about 10% of the price of the vehicle then
when you get it back you must pay the VAT on it.
If i was to do one, before i could get the paperwork in german they want to
see that the customs have been paid.
Of course i´m only talking about swiss to germany.

Back